Oh What A Day That Was

Probably my favourite day ever supporting the Blades.

It was an interesting evening when we got back in Sheff , never seen so many with the lip on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Probably my favourite day ever supporting the Blades.

It was an interesting evening when we got back in Sheff , never seen so many with the lip on 

Same here, what a day that was, on the way back our coach went through Mosborough where a lad was stood in his front garden with a blue and white footy shirt on (LOL) so we pulled up and asked him how they had gone on today to which he started crying and ran in to tell his dad. His dad came out to give us what for but instead he got accused of child cruelty for making his kid wear that shirt so he too ran in the house slamming the door behind him nearly trapping his lip in the door.The drinking that night went on well into the small hours,good memories.

4 hours ago, sibon said:

I agree.

Happy May 5th.

Both clubs get a mention.

Yes a most marvellous day! One of the best ever!

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Lets hope "Tufty" will be  celebrating promotion again  with his current team, on the 29th May ...

Hope so!

9 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Forget Star Wars day and all that May the fourth nonsense... May 5th is a day that will be forever etched in folklore for fans of Sheffield United.

Over 10,000 Blades fans invaded Leicester to watch the Blade get promoted and to top the day off Wednesday were relegated.

Happy May the 5th everyone.

Yes 10000 blades allover Leicester and one thing i remember is there fans were mostly very welcoming which was good and made for a better day.

33 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Yes 10000 blades allover Leicester and one thing i remember is there fans were mostly very welcoming which was good and made for a better day.

Half the Blades were in fancy dress and absolutely legless .We probably didn’t pose much of a threat to the locals 🙂

4 minutes ago, atticus said:

Half the Blades were in fancy dress and absolutely legless .We probably didn’t pose much of a threat to the locals 🙂

Fair point LOL

A Good day.

I was there and remember driving away from the ground after the game and seeing a bunch of lads wearing tee shirts with                                                ' Woodhouse Blades'  and underneath ' Wednesday here we come ' printed on the back. I pointed out to them that those tee shirts were now  redundant, they didn't seem too upset.

While this is all well and good, what I want to know is who was the Zone Man? Was it Wilf or was it Jock? Will we ever know?

On 05/05/2022 at 16:18, Sheridan1-0 said:

Lets hope "Tufty" will be  celebrating promotion again  with his current team, on the 29th May ...

Thats doubtful !!  :)