So, Which Bright Spark Closed Bocking Lane ?!

On 05/05/2022 at 07:19, Flanker7 said:

I cycled the full length of Bocking Lane at 5:15 on Wednesday. It was closed to traffic at the time and there were no obstructions of any type in the carriageway and no indication as to why it was closed! Had they forgotten to re-open it after an earlier closure at Meadowhead roundabout?

So you're admitting to ignoring  road closure signage,  failing to comply with TRO under RTRA 84 prohibiting traffic using the road.

On 06/05/2022 at 09:54, Resident said:

So you're admitting to ignoring  road closure signage,  failing to comply with TRO under RTRA 84 prohibiting traffic using the road.

Don't worry once I'd pushed a few people with push chairs off the pavement  and skittled an old codger there was no problem.....

......................................................................................

. . . . . . . . .

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  

'You cannot be serious' - John McEnroe.

On 06/05/2022 at 09:54, Resident said:

since friday most people in cars and vans are ignoring the closed road sign and continuing to drive through me included it was a bad idea to close it, somebody moved the closed road sign to the side so it cant be seen until you turn onto bocking lane .

Just passed the junction in question and seen the 2 big holes where Bocking Lane meets  Abbey Lane, but now they have put another sign across the road so vehicles now cannot turn left from Abbey Lane to go up Bocking Lane, even for access.  Looking up Bocking Lane, as far as I can see there is still no obstruction.  Very long queues on both Backing Lane and Abbey Lane, so I'd avoid the area if you can!

Hello

i have to drive that way on Thursday. 
Does anyone know if it’s still closed ? 
thanks. 

Northern Powergrid have said on Twitter that they expect the work to continue until the 13th

Thanks 

gave it a miss on way up 

but coming back in the afternoon, coming down, it’s open 

Just walked past it - works all completed, all signs gone and traffic back to normal!