So, Which Bright Spark Closed Bocking Lane ?!

anyone had trouble moving around SW Sheffield today?

If you have, its because some bright spark closed Bocking lane about 10 hours ago, its been utter chaos all day, still burgundy every which way in google maps - missus took nearly 3 hours to get home from work . . .

no signs no diversions !

and no need !! because there is room to get past the little hole in the road

what the !!!

Edited by Skink

I cycled the full length of Bocking Lane at 5:15 on Wednesday. It was closed to traffic at the time and there were no obstructions of any type in the carriageway and no indication as to why it was closed! Had they forgotten to re-open it after an earlier closure at Meadowhead roundabout?

it was (still is?) properly closed at the bottom roundabout (nr Hutcliffe Wood Rd) but no idea why

Last night folks were driving round the road closed sign because it made no sense

has anyone considered giving Streetforce a ring and asking whats going on?

Still closed this morning - Thursday...

i wonder if it's anything to do with the Mother of All Potholes that lives next to the bus-stop? - locals now know (and are well practised!) to weave a merry dance around it - weaving all over the road - when descending from Greenhill.

(it was resurfaced recently, but judging by the speed at which the enormous hole reappeared, the road foundation needs massively upgrading - and that could be a significant job) 

I hit the traffic queue at whirlowDale road/Abbey Lane last night, and went home down abbeydale Road instead to avoid it. Went to work this morning through Dronfield Woodhouse and Holmesfield because I didn't know if it was sorted yet. Looks like I'm coming home that way as well then 

I'm surprised that no one has been on here yet  explaining or defending the council decision to close the road.

54 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I'm surprised that no one has been on here yet  explaining or defending the council decision to close the road.

Got your pm Meltman and have replied. Having trouble with my iPad so sorry about the delay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

has anyone considered giving Streetforce a ring and asking whats going on?

Waste of time. They don't answer. 

just on google maps trying to suggest how my wife gets home from work - all alternate routes look pretty much grid locked (again!), good luck if you are using Woodseats or Twentywell Lane

Its crazy they dont need to close the road like they have

health and safety dont you know!!! its like the dual carriageways that have miles of cones for 2 blokes on the grass verge picking litter its crazy. think this was the road being dug up at bottom of bocking lane on the outbound side thats why it was closed but sure they could have used lights?? no common sense this is a major in and out road, only other way is woodseats and twentywell.

2 hours ago, Skink said:

just on google maps trying to suggest how my wife gets home from work - all alternate routes look pretty much grid locked (again!), good luck if you are using Woodseats or Twentywell Lane

Its crazy they dont need to close the road like they have

Depends where you're coming from and going to. I  needed to get from hope to meadowhead, Instead of going via Abbey Lane I went over owler bar, through Holmesfield to bradway, then to meadowhead, and barely saw any traffic at all