Are You Skint .

There are some folks who are genuinely skint and them who say they are but have 50" tv's and new phones.

2 minutes ago, forgeman said:

There are some folks who are genuinely skint and them who say they are but have 50" tv's and new phones.

Truth 

30 minutes ago, forgeman said:

It’s most probably the cost of the 50” tv’s and phones that’s caused their skintness, poor sods. 🥴

Edited by crookesey

23 minutes ago, forgeman said:

At the same time there're some with multiple property's , big cars and dinners out costing hundreds , I have heard them say they are struggling to keep with things , what they really mean is they are finding it hard to add to the wealth they already have , in other words greed ,

27 minutes ago, forgeman said:

How dare they , A   TV!!!!!!!!!!!! A mobile they should be prosecuted .

1 hour ago, forgeman said:

So what. What size TV should they have?

Or perhaps an old Nokia with no smartphone capbility so that all the stuff they need the internet for, they can't access?

Edited by Bargepole23

We live in a society now where no one bats an eyelid when someone goes to a food bank carrying a £1,000 telephone.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

At the same time there're some with multiple property's , big cars and dinners out costing hundreds , I have heard them say they are struggling to keep with things , what they really mean is they are finding it hard to add to the wealth they already have , in other words greed ,

How dare they , A   TV!!!!!!!!!!!! A mobile they should be prosecuted .

Being skint was when I was an apprentice, and didn't have the bus fare to get to Steelo's in Rotherham.

Having to take the push bike from the Arbourthorne all the way in the rain.

But all that changed whe Ma married your neighbor Gordon.  :)

11 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Being skint was when I was an apprentice, and didn't have the bus fare to get to Steelo's in Rotherham.

Hmmm... :huh:

You could afford a push bike?

That's luxury!

Some of us had to battle through blizzards on a pair of old roller skates! :(

13 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Good un , The Hunphries din't have owt when we were kids but sounds as though they got a lift up the ladder .

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Or perhaps an old Nokia with no smartphone capbility so that all the stuff they need the internet for, they can't access?

i earn a reasonable wage and have no problem with my nokia non smartphone. 

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

If you were ‘skint’ prior to the energy costs increase then it makes little difference, however if the increases have taken you into ‘skintsville’ then you have a legitimate right to feel abused by the energy giants. I am certain that new forms of energy will come out of this, as stated by Pyrotequila, sadly along with costs.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Surely if you were skint prior to the energy cost increase, then this latest blow will make a lot of difference, and take you down completely. And with the increase in need, the social services and charities will be overwhelmed too, so any help at all will be very limited even if it still exists.

39 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

You could afford a push bike?

That's luxury!

Some of us had to battle through blizzards on a pair of old roller skates! :(

My imagination is now running riot,

Mr. Bloke, arms flinging, with a rosy face, balaclava and scarf...

Not a pretty sight, but funny.