Leaving Sky

My Neice tried to cancel Sky it took her 4 hrs . I kid you not , kept on hold,  passed from one person to another .She would have probably stayed at a reduced price if they hadn't messed her about so much . A bit like Hotel California you can check out any time you want but you can never leave

We had to contact them a month ago, but I think we got a quiet time as it only took around 45 minutes to get the issue sorted.

The amusing part being that we were cancelling the MILs sky broadband because they wanted stupid money, and we were moving it to Now TV for half the price... it's the same bloody company, how can they not price match?

I left Sky and to be honest don't miss it at all. About 5 years ago I rang and said I was leaving them, they offered me a ridiculous good deal with a HD box so I took it, a year later rang and said the same but again got a good deal. The next year I left them, they rang me offering a deal but said I would have to pay an admin fee, I said forget it I am not paying an admin fee when I have been with you 24 years up to leaving you a few days ago.

Like I say I don't miss it, I only miss being able to record the odd programme but today most of them you can see using catch up, I still use the Sky box because it is handy with all the +1 channels if there are 2 programmes you want to watch at the same time.

• Like 1

Just as bad trying to leave virgin 

9 hours ago, iansheff said:

I left Sky and to be honest don't miss it at all. About 5 years ago I rang and said I was leaving them, they offered me a ridiculous good deal with a HD box so I took it, a year later rang and said the same but again got a good deal. The next year I left them, they rang me offering a deal but said I would have to pay an admin fee, I said forget it I am not paying an admin fee when I have been with you 24 years up to leaving you a few days ago.

Like I say I don't miss it, I only miss being able to record the odd programme but today most of them you can see using catch up, I still use the Sky box because it is handy with all the +1 channels if there are 2 programmes you want to watch at the same time.

As above the only thing I miss is the ability to record but its not that bad because I used to record lots of rubbish 

12 hours ago, iansheff said:

I ditched Sky about the same time and bought a Freesat box with a recording feature for about £170.00.