Dem Blades V Fulham.

well i am drunk tonight and happy  and you cannot beat being a jolly drunk so goodnight to all and bring on the scabs.

I'm running a book now. 

How long before Kelvin Phlats comes back with a *hitty (sorry, spell checker) witty reply?

I'll give it a good half hour & bet it involves crowd sizes? 

20 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Well, you all got to admit that Fulham were on the beech today, absolutely no effort at all. Not a shift put in by any player which could have been really unfair on Boro, not that I'm a fan of their's by a long chalk.

My bold. 

What?  All up a tree or is this some kind of euphemism for a new drug?  That would have explained a lot. 

Not that you were at The Lane but up until our first goal, we had trouble getting a sniff of the ball because Fulham were playing with it & have a look at the BBC's stats on possession, (Blades 34%, Fulham 66%), & what they're manager had to say about their performance.  They came with the intention of turning us over but we were too good for them. 

Just a shame we weren't like this against Reading & we could have had an easy last day. 

Edited by Baron99

3 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yeah, soon as I heard Hector was playing that spoke volumes. They weren't trying, spin it as you wish but if Fulham needed the points you'd have been beaten. They did little chasing at all, very poor from them. OK, they showed a bit of interest when in possession but just couldn't be bothered to try and win the ball back. If Boro had won Tufty would have been very annoyed and rightly so.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Keep sucking that lemon.

24 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yeah, soon as I heard Hector was playing that spoke volumes. They weren't trying, spin it as you wish but if Fulham needed the points you'd have been beaten. They did little chasing at all, very poor from them. OK, they showed a bit of interest when in possession but just couldn't be bothered to try and win the ball back. If Boro had won Tufty would have been very annoyed and rightly so.

Give it a rest. How do you know they weren't trying? Were you there?

I know it hurts to see your more successful neighbours do well, but try and get some sleep now. If you can't give credit where credits due, then its probably best to pull that blanket over your tired eyes.

It'll do you the world of good. Take your mind of digging that hole of yours even deeper.

2 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Give it a rest. How do you know they weren't trying? Were you there?

I know it hurts to see your more successful neighbours do well, but try and get some sleep now. If you can't give credit where credits due, then its probably best to pull that blanket over your tired eyes.

It'll do you the world of good. Take your mind of digging that hole of yours even deeper.

More successfull LOL

Last time you lot won a trophy there were more horses on the roads than cars 🤣

And the only time youve played in european competions is when you were sponsored by visit malta 😂and got a free pass into the visit malta tournament

Edited by staninoodle

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

And the only time youve played in european competions is when you were sponsored by visit malta 😂and got a free pass into the visit malta tournament

100% incorrect

3 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

100% incorrect

Yes he is, I went.

Edited by Alextopman

9 hours ago, staninoodle said:

More successfull LOL

Last time you lot won a trophy there were more horses on the roads than cars 🤣

So I club that hasn't played in the Premiership this century and has been relegated to the Third Division three times this century twice the traditional way, once for cheating is more successful than a club that has been promoted twice and played two FA cup semi finals during that same period?

Okay , so if it's all about history and the present doesn't have any bearing on things presumably you will accept that the 13 clubs above Wednesday on this list are all more successful clubs than SWFC?

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/english-domestic/all-time-english-trophy-winners-statistics/

That would make you the 14th biggest club in the country with us the 17th. It would also make you bigger than Leeds United, which is of course nonsense.

Your problem and that shared by a significant number of your fellow supporters is that this seems to mean so much to you. Most supporters just follow their club and live in the here and now.

Still, to each his own, whatever floats your boat.

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

So I club that hasn't played in the Premiership this century and has been relegated to the Third Division three times this century twice the traditional way, once for cheating is more successful than a club that has been promoted twice and played two FA cup semi finals during that same period?

Okay , so if it's all about history and the present doesn't have any bearing on things presumably you will accept that the 13 clubs above Wednesday on this list are all more successful clubs than SWFC?

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/english-domestic/all-time-english-trophy-winners-statistics/

That would make you the 14th biggest club in the country with us the 17th. It would also make you bigger than Leeds United, which is of course nonsense.

Your problem and that shared by a significant number of your fellow supporters is that this seems to mean so much to you. Most supporters just follow their club and live in the here and now.

Still, to each his own, whatever floats your boat.

That list ranks clubs in order of their success in winning domestic trophies - nothing more, nothing less. Where does it mention size?

How do you define "size"?

If you go on how "big" a club is, would this be on attendance?

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

That list ranks clubs in order of their success in winning domestic trophies - nothing more, nothing less. Where does it mention size?

But isn't that the boast of a number of Owls on here? That Wednesday have won more than United in their history, which makes them bigger?

In what other way is the claim made?  There is this obsession among many Wednesday supporters that they are somehow bigger and better than the Blades. In what way? And why do some of you care so much? Blades are generally just happy to be Blades and we feel no compulsion to continually compare ourselves to another club which is of no real concern to us.

If it's attendances then Wednesday do have a slightly higher average but given the fact that they are an older club so had an established fan base before United were formed and have a bigger capacity ground meaning that on big match fixtures they can up the average significantly it isn't really an indication of being  ' bigger '. West Ham have a bigger ground than Manchester City and Newcastle have a bigger ground than Chelsea. So it can't be size of ground.

It can't be age either because United are older than Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham and Newcastle and I've never heard a Blade claim to be bigger than any one of them.

So what is it that instills this weird unfounded sense of superiority in a significant number of Wednesdayites?