Employment Advise Re Getting Paid

So I started a part time job 2nd April 

Not sure when I get paid my contract states a month in arrears what does this mean?when can I expect a wage? 

You are only entitled to be paid in respect of the hours that you do work

Payment will be made in monthly in arrears on or before the last working day of each month for the month up to and including that day.  Payment will be made by direct into your account.  

Edited by jennycakes
Added info

You work to the end of the month, then you get paid.

It's the 1st today, so expect to get paid at the end of the month or early next month.

You will be paid at the end of May for work done in April,end of June for work done in May etc….

2 hours ago, jennycakes said:

So I started a part time job 2nd April 

Not sure when I get paid my contract states a month in arrears what does this mean?when can I expect a wage? 

You are only entitled to be paid in respect of the hours that you do work

Payment will be made in monthly in arrears on or before the last working day of each month for the month up to and including that day.  Payment will be made by direct into your account.  

On 01/05/2022 at 19:45, Janet24 said:

You will be paid at the end of May for work done in April,end of June for work done in May etc….

no, it normally means, you work for the month, then get paid at the end of the month...  so you work then paid, instead of paid at the end of the month, for the month ahead!

What is does mean is when you first start, you will work the first month that month will be held by your employer until you leave that employment, then you will be paid at the end of the following month. so you will work two months before you get paid 

On 01/05/2022 at 19:45, Janet24 said:

that is correct although I am sure you will know that by now

Edited by kidley
none