Sunderland F C V Sheffield Wednesday F C

On 03/05/2022 at 12:53, Padders said:

In my opinion, the best result for the Owls would be to lose 1-0.

A 0-0 draw would produce a cagey 2nd leg.

If the Owls win 1-0 then Sunderland would come to Hillsboro with all guns blazing, going on the attack knowing they must win, not good news I'm afraid...

However, should the Owls lose 1-0, then Sunderland would come to Hillsboro in a defensive mode.

This would allow the Owls to chuck the kitchen sink at em, and hopefully gain a victory...

Hope Darren is listening...

That tactic worked for Yeovil Town in 2013.

One of the lads from work who weighs 18 stone has managed to get a ticket for tomorrow's game

Does he need a lift?.

Edited by Alextopman

Just hope the players have the 5-0 defeat out of there heads,and play like they did against the Mk Dons,with attacking type of play,hope Bannan is fully fit and scores another Beauty that won him goal of the season,Hope Darren Moore as been getting the players trained in defending free kicks and corners,as this is were our team seem to be more weak and concede so many soft goals,Come on Wednesday!

If both squads play to their ultimate, we'll be fine. IMO, we're a better team and a better squad. Sunderland however, have very dangerous players and, if we're weak, we could pay a heavy price. 

Two teams that are unpredictable, if they turn up can beat anyone,  if they don't 🙄.   over 2 legs can't see owls losing, play off final is all yours, my bet is about to pay up when you go up, fill yer boots!

Call me a traditionalist but I reckon we should try to win the first match, then the second match. Then hopefully try and win the final. 

Edited by prince al

Good luck guys 👍👍

really hope the genuine 21,000 supporters have a great day, !!!! not a win  a great day...  all the  fans need to have a serious word with them selfs and ask, why are the club  in such a state??

Tonight's line up at Sunderland, 1 change to the Portsmouth game.  

Edited by iansheff

Well that's gone exactly according to script...

Sunderland have to come to Hillsboro defending a 1-0 lead in front of a hostile sell out crowd.

The Owls know what to do, Attack, Attack, Attack.

Victory is now assured.

• Haha 1