Boris Becker Jailed For 2.5 Years.

12 hours ago, Litotes said:

If only he'd declared himself a non-dom!

His crime is not paying for a good accountant.

He should have stashed some money in a trust.

Edited by El Cid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with El Cid.  Either his arrogance or his ignorance (or both) led to this. 

13 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Katie Price amongst others who’s got loads money after being bankrupt.

Yes I was thinking of her when I put that.

10 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Yes I was thinking of her when I put that.

Just read she made £6000 for Harvey turning up at a Halifax nightclub then charged the idiots£10 to have their photo took with him.

32 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Just read she made £6000 for Harvey turning up at a Halifax nightclub then charged the idiots£10 to have their photo took with him.

“ for Harvey” 😂😂😂

18 hours ago, West 77 said:

Sad news.

Sad for him but what an idiot. I’m baffled by folk who put luxury items before common sense.

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

His crime is not paying for a good accountant.

He should have stashed some money in a trust.

His mistake was being as deep as a thimble 

2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

«  market forces «  

Saw for British No. 1, John Lloyd (I can't remember when he was number 1, think it was back in 1872?), this morning on the BBC from his home in the US, basically defending Becker & stating it was  "TRAGEDY" he has been gaoled for his crime.  Just shows you that some people as he EXPECTED at worse a suspended sentence.  Just shows you the multi-millionaires  & their friends expect that their status & lifestyle believes the it gives the preferential treatment to the rest of the population when it comes to crime. 

It's to be hoped that on Becker's release the BBC license fee payed money is not spent by the BBC having Becker interviewing  him on his "traumatic" time spent in prison? 

I see from a few postings ago that Katie Price's name has be mentioned.  She should have been gaoled years ago.   Might have taught her a lesson? 

Same thing happened to Gazza. When they are at their peak and earning the most they don’t get advice. Their fans fuss over them and they soon spend it on daft things. Boris was renting a house in Wimbledon for £22,000 per month ! I would have liked to have been that landlord !

12 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Same thing happened to Gazza. When they are at their peak and earning the most they don’t get advice. Their fans fuss over them and they soon spend it on daft things. Boris was renting a house in Wimbledon for £22,000 per month ! I would have liked to have been that landlord !

The full details of his court case are on the BBC's website but let's face it, if it was you or me who had tried to hide this much cash & been caught, we probably wouldn't have the arrogance of celebrity status to expect to  get away with it?  Becker probably thought, even entering the court yesterday that he'd be commentating on this year's Wimbledon. 

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Boris Becker became  very wealthy at a very young age and had one expensive divorce and another women who has needed paying off.  I've got sympathy for the man.

Didn't get some woman pregnant or something?

I seem to remember a big deal being made of it for some reason..

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

Boris Becker became  very wealthy at a very young age and had one expensive divorce and another women who has needed paying off.  I've got sympathy for the man.

And at a later date  at a more mature age he decided to to commit fraud. 

The following from the Evening Standard.  "The three-time Wimbledon winner, 54, deliberately transferred money to family and associates when he ran aground financially in June 2017, successfully keeping £390,000 (€426,930) and the proceeds of a bank loan worth £1.1 million from his creditors." 

Also according the Daily Mirror, Becker has squandered £127 million regardless of wives, divorces & children.   No sympathy for him. 

Edited by Baron99

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Didn't get some woman pregnant or something?

I seem to remember a big deal being made of it for some reason..

I remember reading about Becker having sex with a woman in the broom cupboard in a restaurant. He had never met her before and as a result of that one night stand she became pregnant.

That brief dalliance cost him millions of pounds.