Qpr V Blades Friday Night

5 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Edit forgot to add if you don't like debate then why don't you go on a S6 only forum where you can wet yourselves over your end of season bumper crowd all day long. Also that's me done answering on this MATCH DAY thread because once again it has been derailed.

But I do like debate. That's why I'm contesting Monkesy's "facts".

Pressures getting to them isn't it? They always meltdown when the pressure comes on them, always. This isn't done yet by a long chalk. UTO.😂

19 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Pressures getting to them isn't it? They always meltdown when the pressure comes on them, always. This isn't done yet by a long chalk. UTO.😂

You lot think you're nailed on to beat Sunderland yet. If anything, you lot should be feeling the pressure... hammered at their place... we've beat Fulham once on their own patch, therefore bringing them to our place and only needing a draw?....

37 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

You lot think you're nailed on to beat Sunderland yet. If anything, you lot should be feeling the pressure... hammered at their place... we've beat Fulham once on their own patch, therefore bringing them to our place and only needing a draw?....

You'll go a long way to find a Wednesday fan who thinks we are "nailed on" to beat Sunderland. We're looking forward to it though, two proper football clubs in a mouthwatering tie. Personally, I hope the winner of that game also wins the final.

Now. Your other lies. Are you ready to correct them?

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Monza, we've averaged 9k more than the so called massive all season buddy.... 

so your average attendance is ......31,470, what did you do? count everyone who glanced at the ground on every passing bus while a game was on 🤣

If I were a utdite i'd be more worried about what Mitrovic is going to do than arguing about attendances, you can just see the headlines now. I expect Wilders on the phone to him as well giving him a few tips, like he needs any anyways.  Personally I can see utd just missing out as Fulham will beat them and Boro will win as well. But, if I had my way, i'd love to see Boro win by 3 goals and utd to draw. It's going to happen isn't it, I can feel it in me bones.😂

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

If I were a utdite i'd be more worried about what Mitrovic is going to do than arguing about attendances, you can just see the headlines now. I expect Wilders on the phone to him as well giving him a few tips, like he needs any anyways.  Personally I can see utd just missing out as Fulham will beat them and Boro will win as well. But, if I had my way, i'd love to see Boro win by 3 goals and utd to draw. It's going to happen isn't it, I can feel it in me bones.😂

We beat them 0-1 at Craven Cottage and Mitrovic didn't manage to do anything in that game did he muppet 😂😂

3 hours ago, sibon said:

But I do like debate. That's why I'm contesting Monkesy's "facts".

My name isn't Monkesy.

Tha's come out of thi shell now Wednesday have something to play for 😂😂. Yawn.......

3 hours ago, sibon said:

Not true at all.

Just to  be clear, maybe you could explain why you think that you know what I think. 

As for Monkes. He's wrong. I've corrected him. That is that. He should be more careful in future if he wants people to take him seriously. There's nothing clever about lying. 

Lying? The majority of the games in which we have pulled in 28-29k, you lot have pulled in nearer 21k.... sooo okay, maybe not 9k and most weeks 6-7k but still a GULF..... 

A third of your fans came out of the woodwork for the last game, simply because they hope for a ticket to Wembley. Standard, happens to all clubs.... but never the less. Significantly less average attendance. 

Edited by cmonkes

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

We beat them 0-1 at Craven Cottage and Mitrovic didn't manage to do anything in that game did he muppet 😂😂

My name isn't Monkesy.

Tha's come out of thi shell now Wednesday have something to play for 😂😂. Yawn.......

Lying? The majority of the games in which we have pulled in 28-29k, you lot have pulled in nearer 21k.... sooo okay, maybe not 9k and most weeks 6-7k but still a GULF..... 

A third of your fans came out of the woodwork for the last game, simply because they hope for a ticket to Wembley. Standard, happens to all clubs.... but never the less. Significantly less average attendance. 

the gulf is slightly over 2500 go and print some bedspreads and keyrings, youl make a fortune down the stain 😂 a few mugs as well 🤣  Stick 31470 on em all, Im sure they all think thats true as well 🤣 Another failed massacre

Edited by staninoodle

17 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

In fairness, given the lack of success of  Sheffield clubs we are both well supported, arguably more than either club deserve.

If I wanted to make a point as a Blade I could point out that Hillsborough has  7,682 capacity more than the Lane. That means that over a full season Wednesday are able to fit in substantially more of a  crowd at matches against the Big teams,  which means that their average attendance figure is raised accordingly.

However, despite this advantage I believe that Wednesday haven't managed to average 30,000 over a league season since 1968?  While the Blades have achieved it on more than one occasion over that period.

Does it matter? Not in my view but others think different.

This continual arguing over sod all is a symptom of the fact that both clubs have under performed for years and we have little else to have a go about. Two bald men arguing over a comb sums it up.

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

In fairness, given the lack of success of  Sheffield clubs we are both well supported, arguably more than either club deserve.

If I wanted to make a point as a Blade I could point out that Hillsborough has  7,682 capacity more than the Lane. That means that over a full season Wednesday are able to fit in substantially more of a  crowd at matches against the Big teams,  which means that their average attendance figure is raised accordingly.

However, despite this advantage I believe that Wednesday haven't managed to average 30,000 over a league season since 1968?  While the Blades have achieved it on more than one occasion over that period.

This continual arguing over sod all is a symptom of the fact that both clubs have under performed for years and we have little else to have a go about. Two bald men arguing over a comb sums it up.

The thing I take from attendances in the city is  around 50k watch football between us, but how many would watch a single Sheffield club that was playing at the highest level, weve filled wembley stadium between us once before.

The potential is enormous, of a scale beyond the two manchesters and merseyside and anything in London, a united Sheffield club would attract huge investment and facilities to match, with massive potential to win trophies on an annual basis and european football guaranteed every season, we could have a worldwide identity, sheffield city with shirts bought in every country across the globe and the pick of world talent.

Thing is Sheffield people are that thick, theyd sooner argue with each other over who managed to get 2500 more people through the gate every week and run around holding up a home made trophy made of cardboard and tinfoil and celebrate a 2 goal win the rest of football, understandably chuckles @ our lack of foresight and breathes a sigh of relief safe in the knowledge that will ALWAYS be the case.

6 hours ago, m williamson said:

Hillsboroughs capacity is more like 33k these days because of the stupid safety group, we'll not see anywhere near the proper capacity for a long time. 

As for the attendance arguments I agree it's pointless. United have plenty of so called plastic fans turning up at the minute as we did for our last game.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Hillsboroughs capacity is more like 33k these days because of the stupid safety group, we'll not see anywhere near the proper capacity for a long time. 

As for the attendance arguments I agree it's pointless. United have plenty of so called plastic fans turning up at the minute as we did for our last game.

Stupid safety group? What it stupid about protecting the safety of the fans? What a pathetically stupid comment..... Like their existence even matters barring your one bandwagon jumping attendance. They could have closed the whole North Stand this season and you would have still fit your average attendance in.

Edited by cmonkes