Matt Handcock Should Be In Jail.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Move on? 

The biggest disaster to befall this country with 50,000+ dead, and we should just 'move on.'

We pay these people a great deal of money to work in our best interests, and part of that generous renumeration is also for them to take responsibility for their actions.

Does it take someone with degrees coming out of their backsides, and an army of medical advisors, to know that putting a load of sick people into care homes full of the most vulnerable elderly people, during a highly infectious epidemic without testing them first is a bad idea? And yes tests were available and being used in many other countries. We shut the entire country down on the say so of these 'experts.'

So infectious was it that the very same people in the care homes were not allowed to see loved ones even if they were dying.  

How many would have died without the interventions the government brought in ?

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Well isn't that an erudite response.

Well done...

Thank you , let’s face it all you’re concerned about is kicking the government , everything else is gravy to you 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Our death toll was one of the largest in Europe, and if you take our relatively small size, that's quite shocking.

Something has to account for it.

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Thank you , let’s face it all you’re concerned about is kicking the government , everything else is gravy to you 

To be fair this bent goverment need a verbal kicking, they are a crumbling decietful shambles and this country is in a right mess because of them. If they made a remake of Oliver Twist, Sunak could Play fagin, Johnson would without doubt play the Artful Dodger. :hihi:

53 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I am certainly concerned about what this rancid Tory government has done to my country in the last 12 years.

And it's going to get worse. This coming winter is going to kill people, - People dying of poverty in a civilised rich western country.

How did we get to this? 

Conservatives and corruption....

13 hours ago, Anna B said:

So it has been found unlawful of the government to clear hospital beds by sending elderly Covid victims into care homes.

Once again Matt Handcock, the minister in charge, lied and lied again to the British Public. And people in the front line had their fears and warnings swept aside. While we were all told to listen to the 'Experts, thousands of people (and their carers) died in care homes.

Matt Handcock should be in jail. 

Does your spelling of his name imply that you consider him to be something beginning in W and ending in R?

@hackey lad @The_DADDY seriously both, this is tedious for everyone and not remotely relevant to the thread conversation. comments removed, and suggest you both ignore each other. 

Criticism - too much of it can be tedious,  like the same old tune being played,  move on and suggest solutions instead

38 minutes ago, cressida said:

Criticism - too much of it can be tedious,  like the same old tune being played,  move on and suggest solutions instead

They haven't got any solutions, only criticism. 

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Move on? 

The biggest disaster to befall this country with 50,000+ dead, and we should just 'move on.'

We pay these people a great deal of money to work in our best interests, and part of that generous renumeration is also for them to take responsibility for their actions.

Does it take someone with degrees coming out of their backsides, and an army of medical advisors, to know that putting a load of sick people into care homes full of the most vulnerable elderly people, during a highly infectious epidemic without testing them first is a bad idea? And yes tests were available and being used in many other countries. We shut the entire country down on the say so of these 'experts.'

So infectious was it that the very same people in the care homes were not allowed to see loved ones even if they were dying.  

I have maligned some of the experts. According to Jeremy Vine  several of the experts including Patrick Valance strongly advised the government not to do it and predicted the consequences. 

So the government followed the science only when it suited them.

2 hours ago, SFBeca said:

@hackey lad @The_DADDY seriously both, this is tedious for everyone and not remotely relevant to the thread conversation. comments removed, and suggest you both ignore each other. 

I tried that remember?

It didn't work and I got tired of his constant rubbish.

All he has to do is ignore me, I'm happy to do the same.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Thirty nine people, including my father in law and staff died at a home in East Cheshire after some residents with Covid were ordered to be returned from their local general hospital.

The staff and management of the home begged the local NHS trust for the resources and organization to be able to separate the infected patients from the uninfected who were now locked in with them. Many had dementia and could not protect themselves.

Just try and think how terrified the residents, the staff and families were as the events unfolded. 

I do not regard this as a 'criticism'.

I do not think it 'tedious'.

17 hours ago, Delayed said:

But they won't because no crime has been committed. Not in regard to covid at least. 

He handed out a lot of dodgy contracts to friends of his during the pandemic. With some digging its hard to believe something cannot be pinned on him.