Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Portsmouth Fc

On 27/04/2022 at 18:33, NERVY-OWL said:

Another 1k tickets released. Good news but still only gives us an attendance of just over 33k I think I read, madness in a supposed 39k stadium. I'm guessing they'll of gone overkill on the safety as usual.

Anyway hoping for a win but it's going to be a nervy afternoon. Hopefully mk fakes get a win so we aren't as reliant on our result.

Impressive that, but where’ve they been all season ?

14 hours ago, bassett one said:

yeah same once parked car up a few beers ,might be a huge bacon sarnie,sod the calories ,i am a hoping we win,and i get out of the stand alive,the last time i went in that part of the ground ,it was like a shed in 1960,my first ever match at 5 years old,it was the year we came second to  spurs,very unlucky as any normal year we would of won the league,good days,bad days i have seen them,i have laughed,cheered,screamed and cried,but thats what we fans do,enjoy the good days though because to us wednesday fans they are thin on the ground,3-0 wednesday

ps padders

eat plenty from asda,as i am doing a deal with them for a free funfair ride next week ,i hope

Enjoy it old lad, must say I’ve never «  screamed «  or «  cried ». Scratch that,  I used to cry at 5pm every Saturday bitd

38 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Enjoy it old lad, must say I’ve never «  screamed «  or «  cried ». Scratch that,  I used to cry at 5pm every Saturday bitd

Generally crowds have been around 20/22k all season…& traditionally the last game of any season always brings out a bigger attendance..who knows you might even crack 30k at the Lane before the season’s over ! 

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Who knows but they are generally bigger crowds on the last game, obviously helped we had something to play for.

We can do the where have they been all season forever more, same as we can say where were your fans in your league 1 days.

Main thing is it's a supposed full house to cheer them on, hopefully won't have the opposite effect for the players.

On 27/04/2022 at 17:07, bassett one said:

just got my tickets with a friend,all i need now is a big burger ,onions and of course a win yipee,nearly forgot some ketchup will be needed as well,might even have some chips

Here we go Mr. Bassett, Squeeky bum time now...

Stay calm. and enjoy your grub... 2-0 the Owls...

Today's line up for the "last" home match this season 1 change to the last match. Let's hope that the full house inspires them to a win.

13 hours ago, bassett one said:

why dont sky respect our football heritage?

One word money and armchair fans 

Hate to say this but the armchair fans around the world bring in more money than the fans who attend the matches 

This is sad 

And I agree, a 3pm kick off gives both sets of fans a chance to have a drink, maybe have a fight and then enjoy the football.  It also boosts profits of the pubs like the dog and duck. 

All these things are not the thing our powers that be dont want. 

They want us all sat at home watching TV on our TVs and drinking cans of booze from the supermarket 

Edited by rogets

5 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Generally crowds have been around 20/22k all season…& traditionally the last game of any season always brings out a bigger attendance..who knows you might even crack 30k at the Lane before the season’s over ! 

To be fair our average ain’t too bad ( winks)

5 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Must be one or two years since the Owls averaged 30,000+ ?

Absolute cake walk, pompey on the beach & nowt to play for, count yer winnings !😉

I see Mr. Bassett is enjoying himself   🍔

• Like 1

Well done guys..  now beat the mackems. .👍

If the owls had beaten Rotherham a couple of months ago they would be promoted today 

Congratulations to Rotherham, no sense of injustice from me

It should have been us