Bluetooth Pocket Radio.

Does any one know if you can buy a bluetooth pocket radio that does not use data from a provider please , started using BBC Radio on my I phone and used up my data in a day so is there a alternative .

Dont know why you need Bluetooth on it but surely this fits the bill

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-Radio-Sports-Personal-Digital/dp/B008R6B62K/ref=asc_df_B008R6B62K/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310068305035&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9158722384949728699&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046357&hvtargid=pla-564520484391&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

...or similar. Obviously you are only going to be able to listen to live programming.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Any digital radio receiver is either going to eat data or battery life. 

I've always loved how most Android phones have an FM receiver built into them.

Just now, alchresearch said:

Any digital radio receiver is either going to eat data or battery life. 

I've always loved how most Android phones have an FM receiver built into them.

Mine certainly doesnt. And none of the ones I had before this one had either. Are you sure it applies to "most" these days?

47 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Mine certainly doesnt. And none of the ones I had before this one had either. Are you sure it applies to "most" these days?

And Google phones????

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bluetooth just saves the wires getting tangled when out walking dogs or cycling just a little easier 

You could try looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones that have hands free calls, FM radio and an SD card slot, normally over the ear though.

Plenty on Amazon and elsewhere for under £20

32 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

You could try looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones that have hands free calls, FM radio and an SD card slot, normally over the ear though.

Plenty on Amazon and elsewhere for under £20

will do

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Does any one know if you can buy a bluetooth pocket radio that does not use data from a provider please , started using BBC Radio on my I phone and used up my data in a day so is there a alternative .

You could just download a load of shows when at home on wifi and then listen to them on the go?

37 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You could just download a load of shows when at home on wifi and then listen to them on the go?

Bleedin heck , Its complicated I've only just found mi knob .

On 21/04/2022 at 12:42, HeHasRisen said:

Dozens of current and recent phones listed in this March 22 article

https://www.slashgear.com/792051/which-phones-can-play-fm-radio/

And from another site:

Does Your Phone Have an FM Receiver?

The chance that your phone has an FM receiver included in the device is incredibly high. Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola, and even Apple all include FM receivers in their smartphones.

Most manufacturers do not include an application to let you listen to the radio on your phone anyway, which means you might be out of luck if you don’t have an application to do so. For the most part, Android manufacturers have been getting better about enabling FM radios in their devices, and though they don’t include the software to receive the broadcasts, it’s still possible to connect to a signal.

On the other hand, Apple has refused calls to enable the FM radios in their iPhones, though there’s a reason for this: they stopped including the module in their phones after the iPhone 6S.

There are well over 200 different devices on the market today that can use their FM receivers

Edited by alchresearch

Right so it needs another app on top, hence why I have never seen it.