Regent Court Flats S6

Hi,

I have read a lengthy historic thread on the above block of flats at Hillsborough and have known the place well over the years. However, I have no up to date knowledge and am presently interested in buying a one bed or studio flat in the area. I know the flats have suffered at times from landlord/management issues but the placement for our needs is perfect.

Does anyone on the forum know the managing company+address?  I'm also seeking an idea of the yearly service charge (not sure if this differs for 1 or 2 beds).

I believe there may be a resident's association at the flats and any information on the above or what it's like to live there currently would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

I can't help with the main content of your post,  but amongst your other enquiries suggest you investigate also whether the flat you're interested in was built with high alumina cement. Several were, and used to be regarded as non mortgageable by many lenders. 

you can conduct internet search for flats for sale  or rent  at Regents Court , Hills borough .

Thank you so much for the responses - especially the cement issue. It's a cash buy for us but would certainly matter in the future if we wished to sell.

Also toTopflat: weve been trawling for some time but latest ones are either 2 beds or a short lease or ground floor. We're after a one bed long lease upper. Again, many thanks to you.

On 21/04/2022 at 15:00, Vardy said:

Thank you so much for the responses - especially the cement issue. It's a cash buy for us but would certainly matter in the future if we wished to sell.

Also toTopflat: weve been trawling for some time but latest ones are either 2 beds or a short lease or ground floor. We're after a one bed long lease upper. Again, many thanks to you.

I was looking at one of these a couple of months ago  the ground rent was £18 a year and the service charge was £940 every 6 months= https://www.cockerandcarr.co.uk/property/regent-court-hillsborough/

I decided not to bother…