Britains Got Talent.

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I havn't seen any arguments, swearing, fist fights, so how can this show be compared with a Kyle or even a Jerry Springer show. :huh:

the mentality of the viewer is the same , wanting to see failure or contestants embarrassed but they dont even know themselves that they are being set up.

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

the mentality of the viewer is the same , wanting to see failure or contestants embarrassed but they dont even know themselves that they are being set up.

Exactly !  The producers know which acts will be turned down, and which will be put through  to the next round. Don’t like the way Simon Cowell sits with his mouth open in amazement when a good act comes on. He will have previously seen all the acts and puts some through to be laughed at and buzzed off, and good acts which he knows will go through. Sorry but its the same every year !

3 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Exactly !  The producers know which acts will be turned down, and which will be put through  to the next round. Don’t like the way Simon Cowell sits with his mouth open in amazement when a good act comes on. He will have previously seen all the acts and puts some through to be laughed at and buzzed off, and good acts which he knows will go through. Sorry but its the same every year !

The reason for him sitting with his mouth open and squinty eyes is purely down to botched surgery 🤣 🤣.

Keep safe 8) .

18 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

The reason for him sitting with his mouth open and squinty eyes is purely down to botched surgery 🤣 🤣.

Keep safe 8) .

That’s made me laugh !

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

Set up, oh behave, its only a variety show.

6 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Set up, oh behave, its only a variety show.

well if you dont think its a set up you sit back and enjoy it!

50 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Maybe the Producers should get on stage and do an act,  Mind reading  :hihi:, seriously, how can anyone tell whose going through or not with likes of Walliams and Holden judging, they out comple through ajd send good acts home, because they havn't got a clue.

1 minute ago, ab6262 said:

well if you dont think its a set up you sit back and enjoy it!

I will, and tbh why are you watching it if its so bad.?

On 18/04/2022 at 17:19, pattricia said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with this description.! When I think back to the good quality variety shows that we used to have on at weekends like Sunday Night At The London Palladium and The Morecambe and Wise shows etc; they blind BGT into insignificance! I know that the contestants on BGT are amateurs but so we’re the good quality comedians when they started off.

But as with all things, they dont instantly start off being "good quality".   

Let's not get caught up in the cosy nostalgia. There was plenty of crap on TV back then. Those great variety shows you speak were not all smash hits.  For every Morecambe and Wise or Two Ronnies there equally were plenty like Russ Abbot or Bobby Davro or Shane Richie or Little and Large.   There was plenty of cheap superficial dumb down gameshows, slapstick, lame gags and dubious sketches even then.  These shows may well have got millions of viewers but given there was only two or three channels to pick from it was hardly a great achievement.

The same sort of rose tinted discussion applies to my own generation with lots of my contemporaries fondly banging on about the "great" Saturday night television of the 1990s mourning the loss of  so called 'proper' shows like new faces, bullseye, stars in their eyes, game for a laugh, you bet, pets win prizes, gladiators, Noel's house party........ but a quick look back on the internet and one soon realises it really wasn't that good. In fact applying a direct equivalent no better nor worse than the sort of things people either love or complain about now. 

Every Generation has 'their moment' but time trickles on and inevitably the preceding one starts whinging and moaning and making criticisms about the choices and tastes of the current one.

Edited by ECCOnoob

20 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Maybe the Producers should get on stage and do an act,  Mind reading  :hihi:, seriously, how can anyone tell whose going through or not with likes of Walliams and Holden judging, they out comple through ajd send good acts home, because they havn't got a clue.

I will, and tbh why are you watching it if its so bad.?

ha ha i didnt watch it after the first series then it went for the shock factor but have seen trailers truly awful tv!

14 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Let's not get caught up in the cosy nostalgia. There was plenty of crap on TV back then. Those great variety shows you speak were not all smash hits.  For every Morecambe and Wise or Two Ronnies there equally were plenty like Russ Abbot or Bobby Davro or Shane Richie or Little and Large.   There was plenty of cheap superficial dumb down gameshows, slapstick, lame gags and dubious sketches even then.  These shows may well have got millions of viewers but given there was only two or three channels to pick from it was hardly a great achievement.

The same sort of rose tinted discussion applies to my own generation with lots of my contemporaries fondly banging on about the "great" Saturday night television of the 1990s mourning the loss of  so called 'proper' shows like new faces, bullseye, stars in their eyes, game for a laugh, you bet, pets win prizes, gladiators, Noel's house party........ but a quick look back on the internet and one soon realises it really wasn't that good. In fact applying a direct equivalent no better nor worse than the sort of things people either love or complain about now. 

Every Generation has 'their moment' but time trickles on and inevitably the preceding one starts whinging and moaning and making criticisms about the choices and tastes of the current one.

sorry when a dancing dog wins a talent contest we really know the bottom of the barrel is being scraped!

Another farce last night, except for that disabled group of dancers, hope they win the show....

That fella submerged in a tank of water, laughable, that stunt has been performed endless times on TV.

The look of horror on the judges faces made me cringe...

4 hours ago, Padders said:

Another farce last night, except for that disabled group of dancers, hope they win the show....

That fella submerged in a tank of water, laughable, that stunt has been performed endless times on TV.

The look of horror on the judges faces made me cringe...

Completly agree,  it would be fantastic to see the kids win the show, when the Golden buzzer was pushed, talk about reach for tissues, If Cowell hadn't pressed  it on a previos show he would have for sure pressed it this time.  The great thing about this show, it gives people from all walks,  a real chance in life.

On 19/04/2022 at 17:36, ECCOnoob said:

Remember Les Dennis and Dustin Gee , good lord