Who Are The Winners In The Current Economic Situation?

With just about everything increasing in price, there must be organisations making vast profits from the current situation.

I was reading that the 'national grid' are doing very well. I think we can also include the energy companies that are still trading, together with the producers of oil & gas. Maybe there are many others that are not quite as obvious. Who are they?

Agree with that Mel for sure. I was wondering specifically about the type of businesses.

Boss of Shell was pretty candid recently, the market is just a giant money machine for him.

Don't' they also pay next to no tax at the same time?

suppliers of gas,electric,bottle gas,oil,petrol,diesel,parafin  also shareholders the wealthy ect,not the working man,pensioners ect

Edited by bassett one

This prediction from a 'conspiracy theorist' friend of mine:

When inflation finally gets out of control so money is worth next to nothing, the government plans to bring in a new crypto currency to 'stablise' the situation. It will then control the money supply and the way we spend it. (He's been saying this since the financial crash in 2008 which he also predicted at least a year before the event.)

Be interesting to see if he's right....

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

This prediction from a 'conspiracy theorist' friend of mine:

When inflation finally gets out of control so money is worth next to nothing, the government plans to bring in a new crypto currency to 'stablise' the situation. It will then control the money supply and the way we spend it. (He's been saying this since the financial crash in 2008 which he also predicted at least a year before the event.)

Be interesting to see if he's right....

Don't they currently have control of the money supply?  Also isn't the point of a cryptocurrency that no-one has direct control?

Seems to be the direct opposite of what your crazy friend thinks will happen.

Tesco did not do too bad last year, they doubled their profits.

30 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Tesco did not do too bad last year, they doubled their profits.

I thought it was triple?

and then said they should probably do something about the price of food.  

Edited by geared

A lot of you whinging about the cost of living, blah blah blah are the same people bleating on about how we should consume less and use less energy to save the planet. Make your minds up.

54 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

A lot of you whinging about the cost of living, blah blah blah are the same people bleating on about how we should consume less and use less energy to save the planet. Make your minds up.

I'm not sure where the contradiction is between the two viewpoints.