Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

14 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are deliberately missing the point and you know you are.

If gay people constitute about 3% of the UK population, I would have no problem with them constituting 3% of the characters in TV programmes.  

And why, when reporting on an example of a lockdown postponed wedding, are the couple gay when 97% of couples getting married are straight ?

They are pushing a woke agenda and you know full well they are.

Others have made this point - what is the proportion of gay people on TV? Without knowing that, your claims of them pushing a woke agenda are meaningless.

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are deliberately missing the point and you know you are.

If gay people constitute about 3% of the UK population, I would have no problem with them constituting 3% of the characters in TV programmes.  

And why, when reporting on an example of a lockdown postponed wedding, are the couple gay when 97% of couples getting married are straight ?

They are pushing a woke agenda and you know full well they are.

So, are you going to come clean about why you recorded that 3% specifically?

Something you may want to chat about with a professional, whilst laid on a couch?

Can I ask , is there a Mrs Chekhov? Because if there is  , she must be a saint 

2 minutes ago, altus said:

Others have made this point - what is the proportion of gay people on TV? Without knowing that, your claims of them pushing a woke agenda are meaningless.

I think the point that is being made is that the sexuality of people is being exaggerated by behaviour in the media instead of it not being the main issue in a persons life.

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Can I ask , is there a Mrs Chekhov? Because if there is  , she must be a saint 

She drives whilst he observes Audis.

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

I think the point that is being made is that the sexuality of people is being exaggerated by behaviour in the media instead of it not being the main issue in a persons life.

I don't see how you can come to that conclusion when Justin has repeatedly gone on about the percentages.

3 minutes ago, altus said:

I don't see how you can come to that conclusion when Justin has repeatedly gone on about the percentages.

Easily.

Sexuality does not be a part of a storyline

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

If you only watch two programs that happen to have a couple of gay characters in, does that mean that tv companies are exaggerating sexuality in their programs?

I don't think I ever was involved in a conversation where someone said:

"Did you see 'The Dick Emery Show' last night?"

It was always:

"Did you see 'Dick Emery' last night?"

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

If you only watch two programs that happen to have a couple of gay characters in, does that mean that tv companies are exaggerating sexuality in their programs?

It depends if a person's sexuality is relevant.

If I refer to the poster's initial point about the media reporting on a lesbian marriage being cancelled.

There was no need at all to report whether it was an homosexual or heterosexual marriage that was cancelled.

It was simply a cancelled marriage.

Just now, harvey19 said:

It depends if a person's sexuality is relevant.

If I refer to the poster's initial point about the media reporting on a lesbian marriage being cancelled.

There was no need at all to report whether it was an homosexual or heterosexual marriage that was cancelled.

It was simply a cancelled marriage.

we dont know what was reported, all we have is somebody with an issue telling us it was homosexual, unless youve seen the same report? maybe the peoples names were mentioned?

Mark and Johns wedding was postponed, would that indicate a homosexual wedding without stating its a homosexual wedding? shouldnt peoples names be mentioned in news reports?

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

we dont know what was reported, all we have is somebody with an issue telling us it was homosexual, unless youve seen the same report? maybe the peoples names were mentioned?

Mark and Johns wedding was postponed, would that indicate a homosexual wedding without stating its a homosexual wedding? shouldnt peoples names be mentioned in news reports?

If you noticed I referred to the post on this forum.

Sometimes the same name is used for males and females and if a person does not object to their name being used that is up to them.

The initial part of your user name Mel could be an abbreviated form of Melvin or Melisa or Melany for example

Edited by harvey19