Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

26 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Why would anyone want to get involved in a straight pride march?

Why would anyone want to get involved with a gay pride march?

To make a statement. 

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

I understand why people get involved in gay pride marches in order to make a statement. 

You've not answered the question why people would bother getting involved in a straight pride march.

Lol, yes I did.

Edited by The_DADDY

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I understand why people get involved in gay pride marches in order to make a statement. 

You've not answered the question why people would bother getting involved in a straight pride march.

wow, we're close to agreeing on something lol, scary

On 04/08/2022 at 16:22, The_DADDY said:

Why would anyone want to get involved with a gay pride march?

To make a statement. 

Gay pride is a minority, therefore making a statement /stand.

Straight pride is a majority making a statement /stand, and as the bigger group don't you think this could be seen as intimidating / bullying / threatening to those of the opposite persuasion?

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Straight pride is a majority making a statement /stand, and as the bigger group don't you think this could be seen as intimidating / bullying / threatening to those of the opposite persuasion?

What if  the straight majority felt they were being bullied ?

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What if  the straight majority felt they were being bullied ?

they / we can be bullied all we like but compared to being gay, we all know how small fry it is, homophobia has been historically massive we all know that

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

they / we can be bullied all we like but compared to being gay, we all know how small fry it is, homophobia has been historically massive we all know that

Totally agree but why must it be a "thing" . Had a few pints with a gay friend tonight  and he told me he only  goes on Pride in many cities because its a good day out , nothing more 

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No I don't Anna. I'd say that most straight people don't go to gay pride marches and I reckon it would be the same the other way around so I don't see where any intimidating etc would happen.

Unless of course straight pride marches started targeting gay areas, bars, then yeah I'd agree it could be all those things.

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Bullying is never small fry to the person being bullied no matter the sexual orientation but I agree homophobia is a problem that needs tackling. Stiffer sentences for people who commit homophobic acts might be a good place the start.

6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

No I don't Anna. I'd say that most straight people don't go to gay pride marches and I reckon it would be the same the other way around so I don't see where any intimidating etc would happen.

Unless of course straight pride marches started targeting gay areas, bars, then yeah I'd agree it could be all those things.

Have you ever been to any? I certainly have - only in the one city (Brighton & Hove), I admit, for the past 15/16 years and I can tell you there are loads, and I mean loads, of 'straight' people there, both participating  in and watching and applauding.

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Totally agree but why must it be a "thing" . Had a few pints with a gay friend tonight  and he told me he only  goes on Pride in many cities because its a good day out , nothing more 

It is now, but you need to look historically how and why it was started, why was there a need.

The old saying loud and proud says it all

9 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Have you ever been to any? I certainly have - only in the one city (Brighton & Hove), I admit, for the past 15/16 years and I can tell you there are loads, and I mean loads, of 'straight' people there, both participating  in and watching and applauding.

No I've never been to one. Not because I have a problem, just never fancied it. Mind you, I might give it a try and break out the Ghetto blaster later and dance under the bloomin massive LGBTQ flag I've currently got flapping in the garden 🙄

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No I've never been to one. Not because I have a problem, just never fancied it. Mind you, I might give it a try and break out the Ghetto blaster later and dance under the bloomin massive LGBTQ flag I've currently got flapping in the garden 🙄

👍😂