Bbc : Biased Broadcasting Corporation

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

but will miss out on a lot of good programmes

I used to agree (even numbered channels only), now it's a dire, dumbed down, wokefest.

Low quality daytime pap, quiz shows and endless repeats have taken over the whole schedule.

Look at tonights tv schedules, unless you're mad about snooker, nothing.

Other than a couple of comedies, nothing all week.

Radio4 is now unlistenable, off the scale divisive wokery has taken over every programme.

BBC4 (once interesting) should be renamed BBC repeats

BBC3 tonight has something called "my left nut", followed by 15 year old episodes of Gavin and Stacey.

current affairs/news output has a clear left wing bias.

1 hour ago, fools said:

I used to agree (even numbered channels only), now it's a dire, dumbed down, wokefest.

Low quality daytime pap, quiz shows and endless repeats have taken over the whole schedule.

Radio4 is now unlistenable, off the scale divisive wokery has taken over every programme.

BBC3 tonight has something called "my left nut", followed by 15 year old episodes of Gavin and Stacey.

:hihi:

woke woke woke woke, you really do sound like a fool

25 minutes ago, melthebell said:

:hihi:

woke woke woke woke, you really do sound like a fool

That's an interesting choice of words. If you practice a bit more you might be able to string a coherent counter argument together one day, with punctuation and everything. instead of just blurting out insults at anyone you disagree with.

For the time being, stick to BBC3 and Channel4 news.

The "fool" thing has been done before btw, always from the thicker end of the population.

63000 posts, have you thought of getting a life?

Edited by fools

3 hours ago, fools said:

We will have to agree to disagree.

Actually I do like the snooker ,so no problem there.

If it’s not interesting viewing on the BBC channels then I have plenty to catch up on from recordings on other channels....which means that I don’t have to sit through 10 minutes of adverts per hour.

I don’t agree that the news has  a left wing bias at all and as for ensuing debate and current affairs all sides are represented.

I watch no day time TV whatsoever but generally have Radio 4 ,4 extra or 5 playing in the background if in the house or car.

Plenty of bits and pieces of interest that I would not come across from any other source.

And what does it all cost...less than £4 a week

10 hours ago, RJRB said:

If it’s not interesting viewing on the BBC channels then I have plenty to catch up on from recordings on other channels....which means that I don’t have to sit through 10 minutes of adverts per hour.

I don’t agree that the news has  a left wing bias at all and as for ensuing debate and current affairs all sides are represented.

I watch no day time TV whatsoever but generally have Radio 4 ,4 extra or 5 playing in the background if in the house or car.

Plenty of bits and pieces of interest that I would not come across from any other source.

It doesn't matter if it's less than 4 pence per week. The point is you have to pay it to be able to watch independant channels.

That’s life.

You have to pay for road  surfacing  even if you don’t own a car.

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

That’s life.

You have to pay for road  surfacing  even if you don’t own a car.

You're comparing an entertainment company to a countries transport infrastructure? You may not own a car...ever took a taxi or bus? What do they drive on?

A strange comparison, but you're entitled to your opinion.

14 hours ago, RJRB said:

That's a rather a passive to get your news.

The government funded news Corporations, BBC, CBC, PBS/NPR, ABC, Tass,  are obviously biased against any political party that seeks to defund them. Their viability, and even survival depends on continuing status quo government funding. They tend to support their political 'friends', it's only human nature.

The internet is a good way to find out what all the major influential news organs are saying about the important issues of the day.

I find it pays to keep an eye on one's infuential political enemies. Not ignore them.

As for programming, with the bottomless pit of taxpayer funding, they distort the market, by their ability to outbid the private companies for the best available resources of celebrities, and production resources, so it's obvious they'll produce something of value to everyone.

Edited by trastrick

Is there a way to cancel an accidental duplicate post?

Edited by trastrick

4 hours ago, zach said:

You're comparing an entertainment company to a countries transport infrastructure? You may not own a car...ever took a taxi or bus? What do they drive on?

It’s so much more than an entertainment company that is unmatched by any other single communications organisation.

4 hours ago, zach said:

My example was slightly tongue in cheek but is one of many examples of services supported by a form of taxation,that individuals may feel that they do not benefit from.

Anyway I still fervently believe that the BBC is incredible value for money.

@trastrick

I read the Daily Express which rarely confirms or supports any of my beliefs,but that does serve a purpose.

As for gathering news on the internet,this is largely drawn from the original sources of the so called MSM.

i.e it is a variety of opinions rather than news.