Room In Roof Insulation

Hi all,

Has anyone had a retrofit attic room insulated?  In the trade its called Room in Roof insulation and can only be fitted if you have a proper staircase leading to the attic, which probably covers a lot of the houses in Sheffield. 

My house was built in 1909 so Edwardian and currently is already converted to a room but without the insulation.  I am wanting to bring my house up to EPC level C and this is shown on the current certificate as the only reasonably priced work to possibly achieve this.  I have already had one silly quote so would love to hear from anyone who has had it done at a reasonable price.  If there are any tradesmen out there that do this type of work to the bulilding regs and you have excellent reviews I would also like to hear from you.

I have thought about doing it myself but would prefer guarantees and paperwork to satisfy the EPC assessor and from what I have read so far you have to be careful not to get things wrong such as ventilaton etc.  I am also getting on now so I don't mind paying for a great job at a sensible price so recommendations and costs would be appreciated.  If you don't want to state how much it cost then please PM me if possible as I suspect there may be a wide range of costs.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony

PS: I know there is a lot of results on my search about insulation and I will work through them to get more information but thought I would see if anyone has had this Room In Roof Insulation (RIRI) done