Dem Blades V Reading.

3 points moves us up the table, come on Blades Sheffield's to team.

Positions change after every game.

We have to win all those remaining matches or depend on losses by those around us.

Often said, it will go to the wire !

Blades in the Premier league for one season, I will take that !

This should be an easy 3 pts.

6 hours ago, cmonkes said:

If we are talking horses for courses, then we turned Reading from being a bogey team, into more of a banker.... they haven't beaten us in something like our last 10 games have they? And I think we have won at least the last dozen from I was reading yesterday.

Whilst you have to fancy us on head to head form, that goes out of the window doesn't it.....

You have a promotion chasing team, desperate for three points every game.... and flip the coin, you have a relegation swerving team.. also desperate for 3 points. 

On paper over the last 5 games, we've both bagged 8 points.... and to be fair, to managed a draw on the road at Bournemouth and turned Blackburn over 1-0 at home. So they will consider their current position to be false and will have a good go at us potentially.

In our aims to promote affordable family football, the club have reduced tickets to 20 quid and adult throughout the stadium....this has obviously gone down really well. It seems we have pretty much sold out all sides of the ground, barring the odd ticket which will no doubt shift today. Reading haven't managed to sell anywhere near their allocation, I think they have sold around the 800 mark??

But all in all, the atmosphere will be a cracking one and I hope the Blades are in fantastic voice!!..... we need these three points if we are going to try and cement ourselves in that top 6.

Exciting times!!! Has the makings of a cracking game!!

Oh dear ….

Nice  finish from Lucas on his return to the city, I always loved the kid, but he does get a lot of injuries.

Watched the Brum V Coventry game, absolute riveting game that one, Sky blues really played some cracking football, everytime Ive seen them theyve looked very entertaining

Defending was poor for the winner.
Was it Brian Clough who said you are your most vulnerable when you’re scored?

Edited by prince al

Shocking result but at least it's brought a couple of the hide and seek champions back into the forum.

You've doomed Barnsley to league 1 football next season

Hope your proud of yourselves 😡

2 hours ago, prince al said:

Defending was poor for the winner.
Was it Brian Clough who said you are your most vulnerable when you’re scored?

I think his favourite sound-bite was: "It only takes a second to score a goal."

Cloughie was genius.

Must thank Wednesdayites for their contributions.

However, don't bother again !!!

Fantastic goal by ex Owl Lucas Joao (he also hit the post) and a very soft winner for lowly Reading in injury, could Wilder nick the last play off spot from the team he left with one of the worst top flight seasons in football history.

20 hours ago, Padders said:

This should be an easy 3 pts.

Oh dear.  If Blades do go up, they'll do even worse than last time.

19 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Exciting times!!! Has the makings of a cracking game!!

Ha ha ha ha.  Baldock picking ball up for a throw-in when ball was still in play was comedy gold.  Summed up the woeful quality of the match.