Posters From The Past

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

:)

Ah... that'd be the forum legend known as Alcoblog (or Mr Alco to his biggest fan). ;)

He always put so much time and thought into his posts...

... and yet many on here seemed to resent his efforts to amuse us.

When you put so much effort into a thread, and then to have that thread 'removed' on the whim of a humourless mod, it's not really surprising he's gone elsewhere! :(

I miss reading his ramblings, and he's one poster I'd really like to see return... :thumbsup:

That name does sound familiar.

I remember him having a post removed for whatever trivial reason. He responded and said it sometimes took him days to write a post how he wanted it, and some high and mighty mod deleted it in seconds.

Such a shame the forum went the way it did, due to 'some' moderators.

21 minutes ago, cressida said:

I don't know what made Halibut and Cyclone leave the forum,  I reckoned more posters - including banned ones - would return after the amnesty,  Have they returned under new usenames!

I returned under my original username, I had used several following my ban, however they  were soon identified, I finally threw in the towel. As for returning, I would only use my original username on doing so, I’m surprised how little opposition I have received.

None of those mentioned already.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I don't know what made Halibut and Cyclone leave the forum,  I reckoned more posters - including banned ones - would return after the amnesty,  Have they returned under new usenames!

i reckon halibut and Cyclone couldnt take the new even handedness of the new owner?? 

I wonder if they are on FB,  someone mentioned FB was now like the old SF -   🤣

16 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wonder if they are on FB,  someone mentioned FB was now like the old SF -   🤣

yes it was me that mentioned Fb i wouldn't be surprised Fb has gone all soft and PC, whatever happend to a good old conversational  ruck lol 

15 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

yes it was me that mentioned Fb i wouldn't be surprised Fb has gone all soft and PC, whatever happend to a good old conversational  ruck lol 

There's one on the Entertainment Section atm but it's a repeat🤣

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

:)

Ah... that'd be the forum legend known as Alcoblog (or Mr Alco to his biggest fan). ;)

He always put so much time and thought into his posts...

... and yet many on here seemed to resent his efforts to amuse us.

When you put so much effort into a thread, and then to have that thread 'removed' on the whim of a humourless mod, it's not really surprising he's gone elsewhere! :(

I miss reading his ramblings, and he's one poster I'd really like to see return... :thumbsup:

Spot on Mr. Bloke,

Mr Alco, sorry..

Alcoblog was a brilliantly funny poster, second only to your good self.

Alcoblog was a terrific poster, his posts must have taken a lot of planning and his humour probably wasn't appreciated by everyone on here at the time.

Zakes was another poster who would ramble on about his past, schools, parents, girlfriends and antics he got up to, haven't seen him on here for ages.

Rossyrooney sadly passed away a few years ago, he had a really good sense of humour on all subjects .

Jabberwocky appeared back here briefly then disappeared which is unfortunate, he had lots to say but, meaningful posts.

Curriechic and Denlin have also gone who knows where but, they were prolific posters along with BoyFriday and Plain Talker, don't know if they're still around under new names.

Halibut I can do without, so judgemental about every sodding subject and contraversial just to annoy I think but, all this is my own personal opinion of course.

I enjoy Mr.Bloke and Padders posts who seem to share my sense of humour.

Regards,

Duffems

20 minutes ago, Padders said:

Spot on Mr. Bloke,

Mr Alco, sorry..

Alcoblog was a brilliantly funny poster, second only to your good self.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm beginning to think that Mr Thirsty's suspicions may be correct...

... and you've been having something a little stronger than semi-skimmed on your Weetabix. :suspect:

Maybe it was Don Kiddick?  How he got away with that user name for so many years given the moderation was remarkable :)

Anyone remember Basil Rathbone? I think that was the name. I seem to remember he was very funny but I could be wrong.

There were some very funny people on here and the banter was hilarious.