Sign in to follow this  

Fine Tuning A Healthier Diet

Hi,

While I'm keen to tune up my diet, an all too common problem is healthier foods are more expensive, & I'm a pensioner. - Given that, can anybody tell me where I can get VALUE FOR MONEY

1) TAJ  MAHAL brand ghee

2) Organic HONEY

I live in Shiregreen & with my free bus pass can  easily access most places close to the usual bus routes in Sheffield, though Sheffield center is more convenient. TIA

Cheers,

Jim

1 hour ago, jim lyon said:

Hi,

While I'm keen to tune up my diet, an all too common problem is healthier foods are more expensive, & I'm a pensioner. - Given that, can anybody tell me where I can get VALUE FOR MONEY

1) TAJ  MAHAL brand ghee

2) Organic HONEY

I live in Shiregreen & with my free bus pass can  easily access most places close to the usual bus routes in Sheffield, though Sheffield center is more convenient. TIA

Cheers,

Jim

Maybe if you tell us what you pay now and where from it would be an advantage.

BTW You will never get value for money buying organic honey.

What is the difference between organic and non-organic honey?(apart from the price?!)

It tastes a LOT better, doesn't go off so easily & most of all, it's NON processed. If you start to look @ the processed junk food we are palmed off with, it's actually quite poisonous - especially sugar as that can cause - cancer/diabetes & is THE biggest cause of tooth decay! - The sugar mixes with your mouth saliva, to form acid which rots your teeth !

That could have been a 4 hour conversation, butI'm in the library ^ about to be timed out!

1 hour ago, jim lyon said:

It tastes a LOT better, doesn't go off so easily & most of all, it's NON processed. If you start to look @ the processed junk food we are palmed off with, it's actually quite poisonous - especially sugar as that can cause - cancer/diabetes & is THE biggest cause of tooth decay! - The sugar mixes with your mouth saliva, to form acid which rots your teeth !

That could have been a 4 hour conversation, butI'm in the library ^ about to be timed out!

Glad you made it quick..... :)

A few points though.

Honey does not go off and because of that it can and is used as a preservative. 

Sugar does not cause diabetes.

The biggest cause of tooth decay is bad dental hygiene!

Glad to help.

2 hours ago, jim lyon said:

Nope.

Much organic honey is pasteurised.

"Raw" honey is not processed.

Your stomach, pancreas, liver and mouth bacteria don't have a clue about the source of the sugars and saturated fat in honey and ghee. Fructose is Fructose.

Unadulterated honey is never going be cheap for obvious reasons.

Type 2 diabetes is linked to obesity and high glucose levels, and tooth decay has long been linked to sugar intake. Honey is full of sugars.

Edited by fools