Banning Cyclists From Using Mobile Phones

well firstly e scooters are illegal except private land or rented from a council in certain areas,second they dont pay road tax,dont pay insurance and dont have to know the rules of the road as they dont take a test,so as they dont even hold a licence i cannot see this act coming in,i am not against bikes or scooters,but they should be a law in general for them.

I have never once seen a cyclist using a mobile phone, for obvious reasons, but have seen endless drivers using theirs.  This is hardly a problem that needs legislation.

Not using a mobile while driving a car is the most non existent law ever passed . you can see dozens of em every day looking down at phones on lap it sticks out a mile .

Cyclist will simply fall off the bike at some time if they are daft enough to try using the bike and phoning and its unlikely they will kill some one like the mobile using lorry and car drivers do .

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

second they dont pay road tax

B1, I would like you to go back to your desk & write out the following 100 times please:

NO-ONE pays road tax

EVERYONE who pays income tax contributes to the upkeep of the roads

well they dont pay insurance,so what happens if the scratch a car? they dont pay road tax ,they dont take a test to know how to ride on the road to a capable standard,they pay nothing and dont have proof of the skills to be on the road,then we have illegal scooters every where,police not intrested,they gp on the footpaths there should all take tests,pay road tax and insurance its madness that drivers pay all the cost.

57 minutes ago, bassett one said:

should all pay road tax.its madness that drivers pay all the cost.

Last chance - road tax does not exist, it is no more, it is an ex tax

Please tell us all that you've got it, please, please

If someone is riding a bike and using a telephone at the same time, more fool them. 

8 hours ago, MJ01 said:

Last chance - road tax does not exist, it is no more, it is an ex tax

Please tell us all that you've got it, please, please

What is that tax that I pay £150-00 every year to keep my car on the road?

And what’s that 70p in tax I pay for every litre of fuel I purchase?

Even the gov call it "Tax" that you must have to have your vehicle on a public highway - which we usually call a "road" and so commonly called road tax. 

I think you are pedantically getting at the point it, since ww2, no longer goes directly to highways agency but to gov's central coffers who then allocate some to highways as they see fit.

If all the money raised through road fund licence and fuel duty in the uk  was spent on the roads we would have had the best in the world.
The table will turn If they carry on allowing electric vehicles to be tax free, as they replace ice vehicles the tax income will be less than money needed to maintain / improve the road network.

I pay about £1/mile road fund licence alone, need to give drivers a rebate for reduced usage if sincere about environmental concerns.

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

If someone is riding a bike and using a telephone at the same time, more fool them. 

What is that tax that I pay £150-00 every year to keep my car on the road?

Vehicle excise duty, or VED. Nothing at all to do with roads. Road tax was abolished in 1937