Sheffield Comes 26th In 'Best Night Out' Index.

I've lodged in Telford and for the life of me I really don't know how it came second. It's a glorified Milton Keynes, or perhaps not even as good as that.

• Haha 1

Publicity for bouncer certification.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Dont forget being able to park outside the Lyceum!

Still smarting from being corrected?

17 minutes ago, fools said:

Still smarting from being corrected?

Au contraire, I said I had only lived here 18 years or so. 

But I got my bite so that will do.

34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Au contraire, I said I had only lived here 18 years or so. 

But I got my bite so that will do.

Hmmm... :huh:

It seems like a lot longer... :roll:

• Haha 1

I worked Monday to Friday in Telford for several years although never stayed over the weekend. To see it come second, well my gob has never been so smacked.

sheffield is a okay city for a night out,but its all opinion

Where did Bristol come in the top 50?

10 minutes ago, sedith said:

I give in. Where did it come?

5 minutes ago, sedith said:

I mean, the link posted in the opening post literally tells you the full top 50.

On 14/04/2022 at 16:26, LovePotion said:

I don't feel safe in Sheffield city centre at night. I don't like the bars, I don't like the people who drink in them, work in them or the beggars and low lifes that hang around outside of them. I'd much rather go out to Castleton or Bakewell and enjoy some drinks surrounded by like minded folk in a nice country pub with a log fire and no men in black coats with yellow arm bands stood outside. As a general rule, if I have to pass a check point to be allowed entry to a place, they obviously don't want my custom badly enough, so I don't give it to them. I prefer places that offer a warm welcome. I used to walk to work through the city centre at around 4am and there were very aggressive beggars about at that time, one was following me shouting things at me, he must have been about three inches from the back of my head. I had my work uniform on, so had to stay professional and ignored it but I really wish I had turned around and asked him who he thought he was dealing with. There are so many dark and dingy hidy holes for un-desirables in the city centre, especially around Arundel Gate, Flat Street etc.

Manchester is awful at night time, just as bad as Sheffield. It's a very overrated city in my opinion. Birmingham is great for a night out though, as is London but I will probably get slated for comparing Sheffield to London, I don't care it's a forum and there is freedom of speech.

A good rule of thumb is , Never go in a pub thats got Bouncers on the door :thumbsup: