1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll"

No matter who you vote for the net result will be the same. Money cant be spirited out of thin air.

But it can be spent better 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

But it can be spent better 

By who though? Lib Dems have had a couple of spells in power in recent times. Did they do any better?

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll"

No matter who you vote for the net result will be the same. Money cant be spirited out of thin air.

Rateable income collected is not kept in ‘thin air’. I have a distaste for certain internet descriptions of folk, ‘TROLL’ wins this by a long mile.

9 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

By who though? Lib Dems have had a couple of spells in power in recent times. Did they do any better?

Did they do any worse ?

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Did they do any worse ?

I was at the Council during their first period in office and they were poor at making decisions.

You can have some sympathy because they hadn't been in power in recent times, so weren't used to it. It appeared they didn't want to make a decision that might lose them any votes, so they just put it off, often asking for more "consultation" to be carried out, when it had already been done and results reported to them. This resulted in a period of around 18 months when nothing much was happening and the public were getting frustrated with them.  It improved a bit after that, but I think the damage had been done and they were voted out at next election.

Second time, I wasn't working there but old colleagues said that they didn't have the same level of problems.

There is a bit of difference in emphasis  between them in transport matters, but in my view, overall  there wasn't much difference in end product. I didn't see any significant differences elsewhere.

21 hours ago, Alextopman said:

It needs entertainment, A lot of performing Clowns . the Moor the merrier.

There’s plenty of those in the Town Hall.

Just now, lazarus said:

There’s plenty of those in the Town Hall.

Bzzzzzz! Repetition! See post 15

Bzzzzzz  ! Repetition  ! See all your posts 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Bzzzzzz  ! Repetition  ! See all your posts 

On 07/04/2022 at 14:57, Mister M said:

It's when there's bargains to be had. 

I made the mistake of going to Tescos on the Wicker on Sunday a few years ago near closing time, the people hovering around and scrapping for bargains put me mind of a bunch of vultures

Some people have to do it to survive .

31 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Some people have to do it to survive .

Some people have do lots of things to survive, but not everyone loses all their social graces in the pursuit of survival.

22 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Some people have do lots of things to survive, but not everyone loses all their social graces in the pursuit of survival.

1. Social graces not come into it when you are on the bottom rung , feeding your kids becomes the no one goal .