Is It Just Me ?

Yes, I agree that some parents don't seem to pay enough attention to their kids - especially if their kids' behaviour becomes a bit excessive, but I also think that if you go anywhere  where you are likely to encounter small children, you need to be a bit flexible and expect a certain amount of noise and disruption. Children play, they get boisterous, they run around and make noise, they throw a strop when they are tired or when things aren't going quite the way they want. It's just what kids do, it's just natural child-like behaviour. Most parents do their best to ensure that their kids have boundaries in public places - but if you really can't tolerate child-like behaviour, perhaps it would be best to only go out to adult-only spaces.

Now you tell me where the adult places are. Kids are allowed in almost every place that adults go. 

Edited by Kidorry
added text

Everyone wants 'feedback' and sends you an invitation in a text message or email. 

Now my 'beloved' doctor's surgery does it.  I gave them 'what for' in that one, I can tell you!  A doctor's appointment?, what a joke!  Less than 3 minutes consultation over the telephone.  As for examining the affected / inflicted part?   This feedback isn't fit for forum consumption I'm afraid. 😡🤬

Another thing that gets me is hearing mothers in the supermarkets asking little Herbert what he wants for to eat for his evening meal. We had what was put on our plate and was thankful for it.

On 06/04/2022 at 16:27, Padders said:

I'm sure they themselves are absolutely delightful adults, but the constant pandering to their offspring is the problem..

Its the incessant desire to appease their children.

When I was a small child, a glare from mi mother usually did the trick, if that didn't work, I knew what to expect....

A Bare knuckle backhander, and if I cried I got another one..

I think our mothers were the same. But we still loved them. 

The cinema is a good place to get irritated. I went with my youngest granddaughter recently, once she was settled in to watch the film, there wasn’t a peep out of her.  Pity I can’t say the same about the women in the seats behind.  They must have troughed their bodyweight in sweets with crinkly wrappers.  

6 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

The cinema is a good place to get irritated. I went with my youngest granddaughter recently, once she was settled in to watch the film, there wasn’t a peep out of her.  Pity I can’t say the same about the women in the seats behind.  They must have troughed their bodyweight in sweets with crinkly wrappers.  

We went to the cinema a few months back and the chap in front of us had brought himself a full Chinese takeaway 😵

People constantly scrolling on their phones gets me though... the glare is so distracting!

On 18/04/2022 at 08:32, feargal said:

We went to the cinema a few months back and the chap in front of us had brought himself a full Chinese takeaway 😵

People constantly scrolling on their phones gets me though... the glare is so distracting!

Oh yes, the phones! 😵💫

Missus Tipstaff and I (related to Victor Meldrew) were both irritated by a couple in the cinema who were talking and questioning each other on the film. Even a couple of  loud “sssshhhhh!” didn’t work.  When the film ended and the credits rolled, I got up and announced rather loudly that I couldn’t wait to buy the dvd and I’d then be able to watch it without interruption.  The couple in question being the wrong side of 65  said,  “I think he might have meant us”.  🙄 

When I go out .... pub, Hospital, Garden Centre, Barbers .... anywhere, EVERYBODY SHOUTS SO LOUD I COULD HAVE STAYED AT HOME AND HEARD THEM. My hearing's fine. I use the 'tone it down' movement with my hands, but IT DOESN'T STOP 'EM.

We're looking into updating our kitchen & have visited a few places to get a few ideas.  It used to be "Do you have a brochure we can take away?"   Now the conversation usually starts from the shop side, "Can we have your name & email details?" 

Another annoyance is a number of retailers asking you, when you've purchased clothing etc, "Can we have your email address so we can send you your receipt?"   My reply is usually "No, just give it me out of the till in front of you, thanks." 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

I work in a shared office using shared files and I’d like to think I do a good job for fairly decent pay. There are some however, who are lazy, couldn’t give tuppence for the job and leave the tidying of files and follow-up work to others. 
Lazy, incompetent and inconsiderate workers who get paid the same as me and get treated the same as me by those in charge too!😡