Dem Blades V Qpr.

8 minutes ago, m williamson said:

It is indeed, the best a supporter of any club outside the top six can hope for is the Burnley situation. Not exactly dreams of glory is it? Still Come on You Blades!

Have to start somewhere. Leicester, in my opinion no bigger than either Sheffield  club but now an established top tier club

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

Last fifteen minutes I couldn't wait for the final whistle, how many dead ball situations did they have and corners?.

We're not very good at running the clock down.

Corner after corner and a few dead ball situations, we all feared the worse. Had to leave with a minute left as too stressful. Surprising given the amount of dominance we had. Berge and MGW are a joy to watch. Honourable mention to Fleck and McBurnie. If we don’t go up it will be farewell to Berge and MGW

10 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Have to start somewhere. Leicester, in my opinion no bigger than either Sheffield  club but now an established top tier club

The exception that proves the rule, Leicester were bought by a billionaire who took a genuine interest in the club. Neither Sheffield club is in that fortunate position. Newcastle have now joined the ranks of the ' elite ' providing one more obstacle for the rest of us to overcome.

Interesting point about the Blades , John Egan is the only player to play in every game so far. When Uremovic made his debut last night he became the thirty second player that Egan has played with this season.

When you take into consideration the less than brilliant start we had to the season it's remarkable that we're still in with a chance of the playoffs.

Too right Ridgewalk that Berge and MGW will leave the club.

How long can Billy go on for ?

McGoldrick blows hot and cold

We need goals from McBurnie

I can't see Fulham and Bournemouth staying up more than a season

Oh for those memories of walking down to the Lane with my Dad to watch Jimmy destroy the opposition

3 -00 pm every Saturday.

KO 4-30 pm on a Sunday afternoon, can't get my breathe !

4 hours ago, m williamson said:

The exception that proves the rule, Leicester were bought by a billionaire who took a genuine interest in the club. Neither Sheffield club is in that fortunate position. Newcastle have now joined the ranks of the ' elite ' providing one more obstacle for the rest of us to overcome.

Interesting point about the Blades , John Egan is the only player to play in every game so far. When Uremovic made his debut last night he became the thirty second player that Egan has played with this season.

When you take into consideration the less than brilliant start we had to the season it's remarkable that we're still in with a chance of the playoffs.

I actually made the point about Egan to my mate at the match last night as we watched him tear about the pitch giving a dominant performance. What a pity Jack O’Connel isn’t available. 

Personally I’m not sure it’ll work for the Geordies. They’ll offer phenomenal wages but not sure WAG’s will be attracted to the North East, instead of the bright lights of London and the big cities in the North West.

3 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

I actually made the point about Egan to my mate at the match last night as we watched him tear about the pitch giving a dominant performance. What a pity Jack O’Connel isn’t available. 

Personally I’m not sure it’ll work for the Geordies. They’ll offer phenomenal wages but not sure WAG’s will be attracted to the North East, instead of the bright lights of London and the big cities in the North West.

If Jack O' Connell hadn't been injured and crowds allowed in we might have had a small chance of survival last season. Van Dijk's absence had a major inpact on Liverpool and Ó Connell was every bit as important to us.

You might be right about Newcastle, but I know it quite well as it used to be one of my branches when I was a regional manager back in the day.

If they can get those wags to spend a night out in the Bigg Market enjoying Geordie hospitality they might change their mind. And the booze is unbelievably cheap compared with Sheffield never mind London!