Tram Disruptions

How can you asset strip a rail franchise? The railway is maintained and owned by Network Rail and the rolling stock is usually  leased is it not, what is there to asset strip?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Whilst I could not describe myself as a fan of Stagecoach and have found some of their actions to be disgraceful, I would love to know what they have done as even to me they have done nothing wrong. (For once) 

My sentiments exactly and I am waiting with interest to hear the response from Michael N although I am not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

Stagecoach only withdrew from the East Midlands railway franchise because they failed to meet pension obligations... at the end of their franchise holding they handed the trains back to the leasing company and a majority of staff were taken on by Abellio East Midlands who are running the franchise now.
No asset stripping took place as the assets weren't really theirs in the first place.

50 minutes ago, darylslinn said:

Stagecoach only withdrew from the East Midlands railway franchise because they failed to meet pension obligations... at the end of their franchise holding they handed the trains back to the leasing company and a majority of staff were taken on by Abellio East Midlands who are running the franchise now.
No asset stripping took place as the assets weren't really theirs in the first place.

That’s my understanding as well.

Wow some people on the forum know what they are talking about.

17 minutes ago, SquirrelFeeder said:

New Twitter post says maybe fixed after Friday 06 May, they are waiting on parts.

Cue moaning about why they cant hold every single part in as a stock item, with little understanding of the current issues with the global supply chain thrown in.

1 hour ago, briret said:

Wow some people on the forum know what they are talking about.

Yup, we do, but half (or more) of the time it is useless posting facts on here - they are usually described as 'untrue' - hence why I don't bother replying very often.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Cue moaning about why they cant hold every single part in as a stock item, with little understanding of the current issues with the global supply chain thrown in.

“ Current “  being the word. How long has the problems with the global supply chain  been?

I dont understand the point, unless you are saying they should hold every part in stock "just in case", which brings us back to the first part of my post you quoted.

Why can’t they hold spare stock ?  If there are supply issues what are they ?

I have no idea what the issue is. How do we know the part that is needed a) isnt worth holding in stock as it rarely breaks, and/or b) is ridiculously expensive?

Do you think every company that has machinery holds spare parts of every part of every machine that could ever break?

As for "what are the supply issues", there is a global problem currently. Pretty sure someone the other day posted their own experience of this in this very thread.

https://www.equipmentworld.com/business/article/15289363/what-are-manufacturers-doing-to-tackle-the-supplychain-crisis

Edited by HeHasRisen