Tram Disruptions

15 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Over a week and still no tram to Halfway . Who do Supertram answer to ?

SYPTE. 

let’s not forget that maintenance work needs to be done. Hopefully there are alternatives but quite frankly would not trust PTE or stagecoach to plan properly

26 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

SYPTE. 

let’s not forget that maintenance work needs to be done. Hopefully there are alternatives but quite frankly would not trust PTE or stagecoach to plan properly

I don’t think they bother with planned maintenance 

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

SYPTE. 

Yes anyone who needs to get to Halfway can get off at Peaks and jump on the 120. Just leaves 2 stops not covered by a regular bus.

51 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes anyone who needs to get to Halfway can get off at Peaks and jump on the 120. Just leaves 2 stops not covered by a regular bus.

And for the people who use those stops?

31 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Tough

do you think stagecoach or the PTE care just as in the past where they could not be bothered to run the tram link bus to somewhere passengers could transfer to a bus or the tram when the Middlewood section was closed . No they decided passengers could walk half a mile to get the bus so they could change again at Hillsborough.

you really need to lower your expectations 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Walk up to Halfway and get the bus, or walk down to Beighton Drakehouse stop and pick the tram up, depending on where they are.  

Its 0.2 miles from Westfield stop up to Halfway to pick the 120 up, and similar from Waterthorpe down to Beighton to pick the tram up, yes I concede the infirm and immobile may not be able to do that but an extra walk of around 350 yards or so isnt beyond most people, especially given they will have walked from local housing estates to get to the tram stop anyway.

Failing that, wait for the 30 or 30a which is every half an hour it seems (less regular today, granted)

See! Solutions, not problems. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

Tough

do you think stagecoach or the PTE care just as in the past where they could not be bothered to run the tram link bus to somewhere passengers could transfer to a bus or the tram when the Middlewood section was closed . No they decided passengers could walk half a mile to get the bus so they could change again at Hillsborough.

you really need to lower your expectations 

My expectations with Supertram / public transport in Sheffield, couldn’t get any lower 

18 hours ago, hackey lad said:

My expectations with Supertram / public transport in Sheffield, couldn’t get any lower 

The sad thing with supertram is that on the whole it can provide a good service but the total lack of customer focus means it often fails us

So today decide to go to Rotherham parkgate fro cathedral 

tram train arrives the panels say it is going to parkgate and so does the dot matrix at Cathedral 

get on then conductor says it is going to Meadowhall cause signalling failure on network rail. Ask how long this has been going on told about an hour. Ask how to get to parkgate told to get a bus from Meadowhall someone else asks if tickets will be valid on bus they have to check but come back and say yes

fine so far except the tram announcements continue to say the service is going to Parkgate. Why can’t the idiots simply alter the destination and pretend it is a yellow tram and of course why not also change the dot matrix . True the conductor occasionally corrects the automated message. We get to Meadowhall and the on tram info shows us as being at Rotherham central brilliant 

go to bus station at Meadowhall and enquire how to get to Parkgate he tell me to get the tram - I point out they have not been running for 90 minutes now and then tells me I need to get 2 buses. I give up.

why oh why could stagecoach not provide the simplest of information to customers as how best to get to Rotherham central and parkgate. As usual stagecoach simply say it is not their fault which is true but any customer focused company would quickly provide their staff with the necessary information to pass on to customers. 

A quick search on the SYPTE journey planner tells you to take the tram which is running on time with no mention of the fact they are going to Meadowhall 

people wonder why Southyorkshire got no money for the buses recently well perhaps the answer lies with the incompetents that run our services who simply can not do the basics

I dont know of any journey planner for any mode of public transport anywhere in the UK that would react that quickly to a service change tbh.

Seems the Parkgate thing was due to cable theft and has now been resolved 

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Seems the Parkgate thing was due to cable theft and has now been resolved 

Probably pulled the team off the Westfield job  (again) to fix it .