World Cup Draw

I would be disappointed if England failed to win their group.

Edited by ukdobby

Preferred it when countries were just pulled out at random rather than all the politics

12 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Preferred it when countries were just pulled out at random rather than all the politics

100% agree. Yet we still get in a group with Taffy & Jock.  It's a fix! Dunno how, but it always has been.

Like the idea of playing the Americans though. I watch a lot of MLS. Some very talented players and, may I say it, a lot more adventurous in their style of play on occasions. Watching England under Southgate is very much a throwback to the Ron Greenwood era; watching paint dry.  

That’s it then, England through to the next round!

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

100% agree. Yet we still get in a group with Taffy & Jock.  It's a fix! Dunno how, but it always has been.

Like the idea of playing the Americans though. I watch a lot of MLS. Some very talented players and, may I say it, a lot more adventurous in their style of play on occasions. Watching England under Southgate is very much a throwback to the Ron Greenwood era; watching paint dry.  

England will not be in a group with Wales and Scotland and possibly neither.

Wales have not played in the World Cup finals since 1958.

Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England were there in different groups, Wales and Northern Ireland progressed.

Not bothered as long as we haven't got the Dooch - as Jack Charlton used to call them

On 02/04/2022 at 08:56, wearysmith said:

Damn right its a fix, Saudi Arabia were drawn into Englands group, but due to Irans presence in our group they had to be shifted and how did the commentator already know that there was a very good chance wed be playing scotland or wales.

Total farce of a draw.

2 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Damn right its a fix, Saudi Arabia were drawn into Englands group, but due to Irans presence in our group they had to be shifted and how did the commentator already know that there was a very good chance wed be playing scotland or wales.

Total farce of a draw.

Because at that point the only group Wales/Scotland could be drawn into was either Group B or Group H.  Groups A and C had been filled and they couldnt go into  Groups D through G because they already had their quota of two European sides.

If you didnt understand how the draw worked you should have asked an adult to help you.

On 01/04/2022 at 20:01, staninoodle said:

How old are you? Countries have been split by continent/area in the draw since at least 1958.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Because at that point the only group Wales/Scotland could be drawn into was either Group B or Group H.  Groups A and C had been filled and they couldnt go into  Groups D through G because they already had their quota of two European sides.

If you didnt understand how the draw worked you should have asked an adult to help you.

How old are you? Countries have been split by continent/area in the draw since at least 1958.

My age isnt your concern.

Id just prefer a straight forward draw, rather than having to spend time to take in all the unnecessary plot twists if a sides drawn into a certain group, which I made clear enough in my opening statement, idiot proof, well almost eh.

Ding dong     .

OK so pray tell us when this straightforward random draw with no continent separation happened then, in your lifetime. I'm all ears.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

OK so pray tell us when this straightforward random draw with no continent separation happened then, in your lifetime. I'm all ears.

1954 in Switzerland, seeds were decided before qualification

You are old enough to remember the 1954 draw being done?  

i dont believe you. Especially when your profile has your date of birth as  06/09/1960🤣🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen