Am I The Oldest Active Forum Member?

I thought I was in for the title until I looked at my profile, 2005 is the year I joined though I used to read the posts as far back as 2003.

I don't post often now that a lot of the old posters I knew have gone off elsewhwere, Alcoblog, Denlin etc. I look on here several times daily and always enjoy Padders' and Rockers Rule's post, they're like the old posts used to be lighthearted and funny without being offensive.

It seems as though most posters nowadays want to annoy and anger others encouraging them to cause controversy which I don't find entertaining or good reading.

Duffems

28 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

I thought I was in for the title until I looked at my profile, 2005 is the year I joined though I used to read the posts as far back as 2003.

I don't post often now that a lot of the old posters I knew have gone off elsewhwere, Alcoblog, Denlin etc. I look on here several times daily and always enjoy Padders' and Rockers Rule's post, they're like the old posts used to be lighthearted and funny without being offensive.

It seems as though most posters nowadays want to annoy and anger others encouraging them to cause controversy which I don't find entertaining or good reading.

Duffems

Lighthearted and funny without being offensive?

We can soon sort that out **** ! 🤣🙃🤣:bigsmile:🙃🤣🤣.

Sorry Duffems 🤣 no offence, I just couldn't resist 🤣 

Holding back that Scottish sense of humour's hard work you ken! 🧐.

Keep safe out there 8) .

On 01/04/2022 at 20:24, Jim Hardie said:

‘max’ beats you by a month.

I'm not as prolific now and many of those 11,000 posts were from my time as a moderator.

I think it's true to say that I was the first, last and only moderator to win the moderator of the month award.

19 hours ago, E-Man Groovin said:

Yo Slh73 - I remember you, but I can't recall the context. Are you into music perchance?

I am, used to do club nights and gigs regularly, but then I got old and hangovers started to last a weekend instead of being cured by a coffee and a bacon buttie. 

On 01/04/2022 at 18:57, E-Man Groovin said:

Eh up folks.

Just wondering - am I one of the oldest members still active on the forum? I joined in Apr 2003 and rarely see anyone of that vintage here anymore, I wonder what happened to the people from back then when the Forum was a friendlier, kinder place. Holler if you're a 2003 baby!

I'm on a mission,

Being a bit of a newbie compared to some, I think the most active (very active I hear) poster on here is the lovely PATTRICIA.

80,623 posts, and counting. lick that.

I'm currently on 21,917 posts, Its my intention to overtake Pat, and hold the title of the most prolific poster...

After doing some sums on the present rate of posting, I reckon I shall achieve my ambition round about 2097.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

I'm on a mission,

Being a bit of a newbie compared to some, I think the most active (very active I hear) poster on here is the lovely PATTRICIA.

80,623 posts, and counting. lick that.

I'm currently on 21,917 posts, Its my intention to overtake Pat, and hold the title of the most prolific poster...

After doing some sums on the present rate of posting, I reckon I shall achieve my ambition round about 2097.

Q; does the new 'Like' count as a post? 

If so just keep liking all of PATTRICIAS posts :huh: 

2 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Q; does the new 'Like' count as a post? 

If so just keep liking all of PATTRICIAS posts :huh: 

Your only allowed so many in a day Rocker...

And I keep using them up liking your posts.

• Like 1

certainly before my day and it seems like ive been here forever lol

I'm so old I remember when you didn't even have to log in!  You replied to a post and you could put any name to it or just leave it as guest!

The place has gone a lot quieter, pretty much like every forum, but I still log in and browse every weekday lunchtime.

Edited by alchresearch
  • Thanks 1

There was a poster who posted messages and kept people going for ages as they believed the posts were factual. Absolutely hilarious.