Just an enquiry does anyone know when monthly Council Tax payers get there £150 ? or is Sheffiel Council going to hang on to it as long as possible.

Seen it mentioned that it will be in May? 

In the government leaflet it doesn't give any dates, only that the Council will confirm when the rebate is to be paid.

Could only be after the financial year started.

Direct debit payers will have it paid into their accounts. 

No one's getting actual money back (unless you've paid in advance or as some of those on benefits who's bills wont be as much as £150 (?).

Councils have known about this long enough, well before they released the yearly charge to the public, they could have knocked £75 off the first 2 payments. I wonder how they will pay it back to those who do not pay by DD.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Councils have known about this long enough, well before they released the yearly charge to the public, they could have knocked £75 off the first 2 payments. I wonder how they will pay it back to those who do not pay by DD.

They have been told they arent allowed to do this, well in England at least. 

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Unfortunately  it's not that simple. SCC, as do most other councils, use third party  software to generate and handle council tax billing. It may well be the case that they will have wait for an update to the software in order to process  the rebate.

Has there been any updates on this?  Loads of people have been pound around the country already and yet there doesn’t seem to be any sign that SCC is doing anything about it, and  needless to say the hapless Star never mentions it. 

Should we just assume this will be another SCC screwup with no communication and likely done at the last minute in a half -assed way?

Sure I saw somewhere it was starting this month. Bear in mind all this has been shoved on local authorities at the last minute.

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sure I saw somewhere it was starting this month. Bear in mind all this has been shoved on local authorities at the last minute.

There seem to be a lot is ‘sure I saw something’ noise around this, yet no one is able to verify. 

last minute? It’s been known about for months, and numerous other councils have managed it fine.  Sheffield City Council on the other hand ? Predictably no action and no communication.  

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, I read it starts in May on the council website

Just now, bendix said:

There seem to be a lot is ‘sure I saw something’ noise around this, yet no one is able to verify. 

last minute? It’s been known about for months, and numerous other councils have managed it fine.  Sheffield City Council on the other hand ? Predictably no action and no communication.  

Just now, saywhatnow said:

Yes, I read it starts in May on the council website

There you go, thats where I saw it ^^^^

Just been nice and even digged the link out for you - https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/council-tax/council-tax-rebate

There are over 300 local authorities in England alone, given my reading around of this rebate the vast majority of them havent started yet either. 

Edited by HeHasRisen