Mp Comes Out As Transgender

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Boris Johnson Joked About Trans People Hours Before Conservative MP Came Out | HuffPost UK Politics (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

I agree with you Mel.

I think it's only fusty old reactionaries that have a problem with transgender people, and being transgender should have no bearing on their ability as an MP.

Come on M , that’s poor , for you 

Breaking news on Sky John Prescott has followed suit and is now wanting to be called June Prescott.

Just now, *Wallace* said:

Breaking news on Sky John Prescott has followed suit and is now wanting to be called June Prescott.

Lady June , if you don’t mind 😃

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

For two reasons. He didn't identify as a trans person when he stood for election as a MP and he's clearly having problems otherwise he wouldn't have fled the scene of an accident after crashing his car.

Does coming out affect what she believes is in the best interest of the local community? I presume now you believe theres going to be a clamour for trans only public toilets in the area or something?

As for the crash i dont know the exact severity but i doubt in most cases it would affect your position or thinking as an MP too, unless of course you might get sent to prison then there would be a case for a vote on a new MP.

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Does coming out affect what she believes is in the best interest of the local community? I presume now you believe theres going to be a clamour for trans only public toilets in the area or something?

As for the crash i dont know the exact severity but i doubt in most cases it would affect your position or thinking as an MP too, unless of course you might get sent to prison then there would be a case for a vote on a new MP.

We have trans gender toilets now but they don't work.

Blokes stood at the toilet with the door open and women walking in to use the same cubicles.

I suppose they were designed because of this issue but nothing wrong with trans only toilets, that would work better than the current ones

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He didn't identify as a trans person when he stood for election as a MP 

Didn't realise that was a requirement. 

Do all prospective MPs have to declare their gender or sex? Or are you just looking at a pic of them and assuming?

16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The joke was clearly targeted at Keir Starmer.

Indeed, by using poor humour about transexuals.

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Come on M , that’s poor , for you 

Admittedly the 'joke' from Johnson was poor to begin with. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

20 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

😆 Just hand a mental image of John Prescott in a frock

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

MP Jamie Wallis has come out as UK’s first openly transgender MP

Jamie Wallis comes out as UK’s first openly transgender MP | Conservatives | The Guardian

I sincerely hope that his coming out will elevate & take the toxicity out of the trans debate that's been raging recently.

So that is:

First woman MP to take her seat in parliament

First trans MP

First ethnic minority MP

First ethnic minority PM

First woman party leader

First woman PM

No doubt Jamie Wallis will face hostility based on their physical characteristics in the same way those people listed above did.

Just now, West 77 said:

I've no idea whether that was a requirement.  Let's be honest if Boris had turned up at PMQ's today wearing a dress and a wig stating he had been blackmailed and decided to come out as a trans person there would be calls from all quarters for him to resign.

I would like to say you are wrong, but sadly you arent.

Another example....that bloke who used to do the breakfast show on Galaxy (now Capital), now goes by the name of Stephanie Hirst.  Tells her employers she is changing genders, and they wield the axe as a result.

50 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Didn't realise that was a requirement. 

Do all prospective MPs have to declare their gender or sex? Or are you just looking at a pic of them and assuming?

If he was being blackmailed he must have been a security risk?

We must accept everyone for what they are, being an MP is pretty much telling porkies 24/7, so he will fit in nicely.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would like to say you are wrong, but sadly you arent.

Another example....that bloke who used to do the breakfast show on Galaxy (now Capital), now goes by the name of Stephanie Hirst.  Tells her employers she is changing genders, and they wield the axe as a result.

it doesnt make it right