Ploughpersons Lunch. Seriously?

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/ploughmans-lunch-cancelled-as-pub-rebrands-to-gender-neutral-ploughpersons/258626

I mean really? Why? Who was offended by this, if anyone? They need to not breed.

I'm more offended by the price. I couldn't care less what it's called, but the word extortion springs to mind...

This used to be a cheapish alternative 'for the workers.'

£12.50 for a bit of bread and cheese and pickle?

They're havin' a laugh! Find somewhere else.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I'm more offended by the price. I couldn't care less what it's called, but the word extortion springs to mind...

This used to be a cheapish alternative 'for the workers.'

£12.50 for a bit of bread and cheese and pickle?

They're havin' a laugh! Find somewhere else.

Dunt happen very often but on this I agree with you 

It’s just a bit of fun…

‘Meanwhile, Dicky Harrison, the landlord of the pub added: “The menu item was just meant as a bit of tongue in cheek. We live in a farming community with amazing women and men farming the land.

“It's just a bit of fun and a nod to the amazing ladies who work the land here. I didn't think it would cause offence, but in reality, women plough too.”’

4 hours ago, redruby said:

It’s just a bit of fun…

‘Meanwhile, Dicky Harrison, the landlord of the pub added: “The menu item was just meant as a bit of tongue in cheek. We live in a farming community with amazing women and men farming the land.

“It's just a bit of fun and a nod to the amazing ladies who work the land here. I didn't think it would cause offence, but in reality, women plough too.”’

I'm offended at the use of the word "women" - surely he means person who is not a man...

#transphobia

12 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Who was offended? Just one group of people as far as I can see; the snowflakes who complained about the name change.

Seems to me a female landlord with female farmer friends & suppliers changed the name on the menu as a bit of fun and a small nod of appreciation to those women.

Bunch of uptight, red-faced, snowflakes get upset about it and cause a twitter-storm. Newspapers pick it up and claim it's 'cancel culture coming for the ploughmans' despite it being no such thing at all.

Mindless snowflakes on local internet forums go in to meltdown.

999,999 out 1,000,000 menus on the tables of cafes nationwide continue to call it a Ploughmans.

Night follows day.

Indeed, one pub and the whole sky's caving in

I'm more offended by the dodgy super long quote in the op tbh

Edited by melthebell

Someone should have a word with the person of the chair

54 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I'm offended at the use of the word "women" - surely he means person who is not a man...

#transphobia

It's 'body with a front hole', if you please.  Though I believe the editor of The Lancet was gracious enough to suggest that should we find that term a little dehumanising (though god knows why on earth that would be the case) we might like to use 'body with a vagina' instead.  Such a considerate man.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

It's 'body with a front hole', if you please.  Though I believe the editor of The Lancet was gracious enough to suggest that should we find that term a little dehumanising (though god knows why on earth that would be the case) we might like to use 'body with a vagina' instead.  Such a considerate man.

Thought it would be “ body with a front entrance”

Just now, hackey lad said:

Swing doors

Well you guys have made a real meal out of this.😉

6 hours ago, redruby said:

It’s just a bit of fun…

Hmmm... :huh:

It might have been slightly more amusing if he'd also changed his name to Dicky Tummy... :roll:

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The involvement of respected medical luminaries from The Lancet, for example, should indicate that this is a serious and complex issue.  For the correct terms and their usage you need to consult an acknowledged expert in the field.  Someone like Billy Bragg or Owen Jones.