Can I Use My New Imac 24' As A Monitor For An Older Mac Mini?

I've been given an older Mac mini which I want to use because the most modern OS won;'t run the particular software I need.

Can I use my iMac 24" as a monitor for the Mini?

Thanks

If the new iMac doesn't have a video input (I don't think they do) You can't use it as a directly wired monitor.

You could setup remote desktop software on both macs and use it that way. I use Teamviewer...free for personal use on Windows. Double check it's the same for mac. There should be others if you have a look round for mac remote desktop software. It might be a bit of trial and error to get the best fit and resolution.

The link glitterballs has posted looks helpful, I'm not sure if it will work on your mac, assuming it's one of the new M1 iMacs.

I think Remote Desktop is built in to the OS. Have used it myself with a very old 2009 Mac mini connecting from a new M1 Mac mini. Can't remember what it's called, but worth having a search.

11 hours ago, glitterballs said:

It'll work but not really for any serious graphic or video work

This is something worth considering with all remote desktops. I find they work well for general PC use, such as web browsing, documents etc. Try and play video at a higher resolution and they show their limitations. That's just one example of potential issues.