Two Queries Re 60s Traffic

I remember the policeman at the junction of Haymarket / Bridge Street where the Brewery was and the building still is.

Does anyone also remember 'parking lights' and it being an offence to park your vehicle facing in the wrong direction after 'lighting-up time'? 🙄

Yes those little lights that were white at the front and red at the back.

6 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Does anyone also remember 'parking lights' and it being an offence to park your vehicle facing in the wrong direction after 'lighting-up time'? 🙄

I remember that and I also remember getting a ticket on Crookesmoor Road for not knowing that it was an offence.

As to the traffic light sequence, after being a PO driver for 8 years I did an IT degree and one of the lecturers constantly made reference to the fact. We were writing some machine code to mimic the sequence of traffic lights and I was asked as an "expert" what the sequence was. My answer was red or not red, anything else being irrelevant.

• Haha 1