Is Sheffield Town Center Getting Worse Or Better ?

I freely admit I don't go to town center much , for Many reasons , it's just not welcoming anymore I know money has been spent on The Moor area but overall  it's still poor for shops and off putting with Drunks on corners in some areas in day 

You’ve answered your own question, it’s not the place for decent folk to go.

I don't think Town is as bad as people make out. I go regularly, yes I see and hear the drunks but they are usually arguing amongst themselves.   The real problem I have is that I think the Council has made it a "No Go" area with the Road Closures they have in place.  Covid was used as an excuse to close Pinstone Street etc  now it seems to be yesterdays news they still insist on not allowing Public Transport back in. I think this has a huge bearing on keeping people out of Town. It can't be encouraging to any business thinking of opening in the Town Centre. 

• Like 1

Guest makapaka

It’s grim in places - but there’s loads of redevelopment going on and in a year or two it will hopefully be a lot better.

48 minutes ago, kevvy said:

I don't think Town is as bad as people make out. I go regularly, yes I see and hear the drunks but they are usually arguing amongst themselves.   The real problem I have is that I think the Council has made it a "No Go" area with the Road Closures they have in place.  Covid was used as an excuse to close Pinstone Street etc  now it seems to be yesterdays news they still insist on not allowing Public Transport back in. I think this has a huge bearing on keeping people out of Town. It can't be encouraging to any business thinking of opening in the Town Centre. 

There are loads of buses that go to the city centre ffs, how on earth does closing one street make it a "no go" area, it isnt downtown Mariupol you know.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There are loads of buses that go to the city centre ffs, how on earth does closing one street make it a "no go" area, it isnt downtown Mariupol you know.

Of all the places to compare and you choose Mariupol ..deary me...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sheridan1-0 said:

Of all the places to compare and you choose Mariupol ..deary me...

Yes, which was clearly the point ffs, Kevvy was making it sound like Sheffield was a warzone.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, which was clearly the point ffs, Kevvy was making it sound like Sheffield was a warzone.

Poor taste old lad....and no need for the "ffs" is there..?...

Are there any war-town cities or towns you would prefer for me to use in my comparisons in future? Just so I can get a list done.

How about Aleppo? Basra?

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are there any war-town cities or towns you would prefer for me to use in my comparisons in future? Just so I can get a list done.

How about Aleppo? Basra?

Only you mentioning war-zones ...no one else...

You crack on doing your lists ...& hopefully it'll keep you from posting smart arse comments on here 

You could always pop me on ignore if you don't like the "smart arse" comments, mate.

18 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Only you mentioning war-zones ...no one else...

You crack on doing your lists ...& hopefully it'll keep you from posting smart arse comments on here 

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair to Mr Risen...

... I wouldn't say many of his comments could be called 'smart'! :hihi: