Collins Family And That Huge Memorial !

4 hours ago, katekate said:

I don’t think it’s racist but people on here are being disrespectful. Bet they wouldn’t say these things to their faces but expect everyone else to challenge the family of Mr Collins.  If the Council want to speak to them about the memorial  and HMRC about where they get their money from then let them do that but don’t disrespect this man and his family on here.  I used to visit one of the council traveller sites we have in Sheffield to care for an elderly man and that family were so grateful and respectful to me.  My motto - treat people as you wish them to treat you!  

Maybe if he and his family had the same motto , we wouldn’t be here 

On 27/03/2022 at 11:52, slh73 said:

It says the monument differs from the one given planning permission. As such it would have to come down, as would happen for anyone else. If the wife wants to threaten violence then the police should deal with it. If people go through with violence I hope they are locked up for a long time.

Why do people twist things?  If planning rues have been broken let the council  deal with it as I am sure they will.  If the family are threatening violence let the police deal with that.  If Mr Collins committed crimes he may well have been punished for those crimes.  As for those crimes being recent, he passed away two years ago!  Let’s remember who it is that did wrong and not punish others for it!

Edited by katekate

16 hours ago, makapaka said:

This thread is pretty racist to be fair.

don’t know about whether the accusations of criminality are true or not - but a lot of the other stuff is pretty prejudiced.

Yes, they are true. 

https://www.facebook.com/onlinesheffield/posts/2127596783935852

JUSTICE FOR ELDERLY COUPLE SCAMMED OUT OF THOUSANDS OF POUNDS IN SHEFFIELD BY ROGUE TRADER

A ruthless rogue trader has been brought to justice for scamming and harassing a retired couple for fictitious roof repair work.

William Collins was found guilty last month of defrauding a retired couple out of £2,400 after his case was heard in Sheffield Crown Court. He was sentenced last Friday 18 May 2018.

Collins, aged 49 of Sheffield, was found guilty of offences under the Fraud Act 2006 and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. He received a 12 month custodial sentence for each offence to run concurrently.

In court, it was put forward in mitigation that whilst Mr Collins had a long history of offending this had slowed significantly in recent years.

Whilst trading as Roofix, Mr Collins made a false representation about the need for emergency repair work on the roof of the Sheffield couple’s property and then intimidated, harassed and coerced them into agreeing to pay him cash to carry out the fictitious work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We aren't punishing others, everyone has to follow rules.

This is a discussion forum we are allowed to discuss things whether you feel comfortable or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

I know the couple who were scammed, and the whole experience was very distressing for them. I didn't realise it was the same guy as this "king" being glorified by some until now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cade Foster said:

We aren't punishing others, everyone has to follow rules.

This is a discussion forum we are allowed to discuss things whether you feel comfortable or not.

I agree they do but there are some very innocent grandchildren in that family and I personally think it’s unfair to slate their grandad.  

3 minutes ago, katekate said:

I agree they do but there are some very innocent grandchildren in that family and I personally think it’s unfair to slate their grandad.  

So is that the rule now, anyone who has grandkids is beyond critisism? 🤣🤣🤣

If my granddad skanked an elderly couple out of over £2k I wouldnt be speaking to him again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, katekate said:

But their grandad was a conman and a criminal, do we pretend things that didn't happen just so people feel better, they should know what he was, it isn't unfair its simple facts.

His family is responsible for his name getting slated again by building this monstrosity and getting his name out there, they love the coverage.

He conned someone else's grandparents but he didn't worry about their grandkids did he.

Since when do we care less and less about victims and more about the perpetrators.

Edited by Cade Foster
  • Like 2

I'd want to disown him not glorify him.   Scum of the earth,  and by putting him up on a pedestal his family are too.

• Like 1

We’re all entitled to our own opinion.  And how would a baby know to disown him?  I was just saying them little kids don’t know anything and they’re certainly not scum.  He might have been a criminal and conman but he loved and lived for his family and there’s a lot of people out there that do naff all for their kids. 

The grandkids are irrelevant to this that's just emotional blackmail.

I don't care if he lived and loved  for his family he caused harm to other family's or does only his family matter. Do you not care about other family's he has wrecked havoc upon. 

He was scum no two ways about it, I don't get why you keep defending him.

8 minutes ago, katekate said:

We’re all entitled to our own opinion.  And how would a baby know to disown him?  I was just saying them little kids don’t know anything and they’re certainly not scum.  He might have been a criminal and conman but he loved and lived for his family and there’s a lot of people out there that do naff all for their kids.