Collins Family And That Huge Memorial !

I seemed to have missed somethings in this article. What did this character do in ways of making a living? Why does he warrant such a large memorial? How can his descendants afford a 30k monument?

11 hours ago, Cade Foster said:

The thing is we shouldn't celebrate criminals, he wasn't a nice bloke  and a memorial is a memorial to his crimes.

We celebrate idiots too much these days, some idiots dies in a car they were lovely lads when in reality they were really not 

I wasn’t saying we should celebrate criminals or even that he was a nice bloke, I don’t personally know the family.  I was just saying at the end of the day he was someone’s husband, dad and grandad and they have done things the way they want.  If I could have afforded something grand like that for my dad I sure would have and he wasn’t a perfect man either but he was my dad and I loved him very much.

57 minutes ago, prince al said:

I seemed to have missed somethings in this article. What did this character do in ways of making a living? Why does he warrant such a large memorial? How can his descendants afford a 30k monument?

Morning prince al.

A major question is just where did they get their income from and what is their relationship with the tax authority ?

2 hours ago, katekate said:

I wasn’t saying we should celebrate criminals or even that he was a nice bloke, I don’t personally know the family.  I was just saying at the end of the day he was someone’s husband, dad and grandad and they have done things the way they want.  If I could have afforded something grand like that for my dad I sure would have and he wasn’t a perfect man either but he was my dad and I loved him very much.

A lot would like monuments but the fact is they are not allowed and the family knew this 

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

A lot would like monuments but the fact is they are not allowed and the family knew this 

Yes I agree that they should have kept to the regulations set by SCC but as they didn’t that’s for SCC to take up with them. 

Whatever the decision reached on the memorial, there's no getting away from the fact that the Sheffield climate is unsuitable for marble memorials. Marble is porous so water can get in and white will soon get soiled. Take a look in other cemeteries at the condition of marble memorials for examples.

http://Willy Collins' widow threatens 'riots' if council 'touches' 37-ton gravestone

this tells you all you need to know about the family

[edit - sorry, that’s meant to be a link to an Examiner article but it’s beyond my IT skills! Could someone sort please for others to view?]

Edited by Fredderick

2 hours ago, Fredderick said:

http://Willy Collins' widow threatens 'riots' if council 'touches' 37-ton gravestone

[edit - sorry, that’s meant to be a link to an Examiner article but it’s beyond my IT skills! Could someone sort please for others to view?]

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/willy-collins-sheffield-widow-threatens-23512076

I think I'll put a memorial in place for one of my relatives who has an unmarked grave, I can't see a problem with that!

23 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I think I'll put a memorial in place for one of my relatives who has an unmarked grave, I can't see a problem with that!

Give it a try . See how long it lasts.

5 hours ago, Fredderick said:

Let them riot then we can jail the lot of the scum

• Like 1

If it's like any of the family's previous building  work it will fall down before it's demolished.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1