Collins Family And That Huge Memorial !

9 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

In what way has the council changed its tune?

Sorry  , meant to say they have , Now said planning permission  was given 

14 minutes ago, Fredderick said:

People criticising the council on this issue are forgetting some important things. staff are scared of the Colin’s family: they are threatened and their families are threatened if they attempt to stop them. It’s been going on for years.  Please don’t make glib statements. People do not want to stand up to these people as they are genuinely fearful for what will happen if they do. 

Two bob crime family , bullies and thieves who picked on the elderly . 

13 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

In what way has the council changed its tune?

All I have seen this evening is the claim that apparently SOME application was made but the finished product doesnt match what was agreed...

Someone looked on the Planning Portal and could see no such application.

Reading the comments on here, and bearing in mind it's made national news, I don't think it will be long before the graffiti artists appear with their spray cans, sometime after midnight....

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Reading the comments on here, and bearing in mind it's made national news, I don't think it will be long before the graffiti artists appear with their spray cans, sometime after midnight....

Wear a balaclava :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Someone looked on the Planning Portal and could see no such application.

Perhaps it's not a normal planning application, more an application to the council department that runs the cemetery.  So you won't so easily find it in the public domain.

9 hours ago, Padders said:

Will they pinch all the lead off the roof and do a poor Tarmac job on the forum drive, before then breaking into the shed?

12 hours ago, Fredderick said:

Deadly 

I was told to be careful when talking about or having any involvement with the Collins family to be very careful, BECAUSE THEY WIILL COME AND BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN !!!!

Quite clearly they applied for permission to create something that fitted within the rules, which is why permission was granted. They then purposefully installed a laughable tasteless eyesore in the hope that they could hold the council to ransom to prevent it being removed. By ransom, if Facebook rumours are true, the council have been threatened with violence if any attempt is made to remove it.

Why else would someone be guarding it night and day? It's not to protect it from the public, it's to protect it from the council.

If it manages to stay in place, can you imagine the state of it in 30 years time, when no one in the traveller community can be bothered with it anymore?

Edited by the_bloke
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Quite clearly they applied for permission to create something that fitted within the rules, which is why permission was granted. They then purposefully installed a laughable tasteless eyesore in the hope that they could hold the council to ransom to prevent it being removed. By ransom, if Facebook rumours are true, the council have been threatened with violence if any attempt is made to remove it.

Why else would someone be guarding it night and day? It's not to protect it from the public, it's to protect it from the council.

If it manages to stay in place, can you imagine the state of it in 30 years time, when no one in the traveller community can be bothered with it anymore?

I believe this is a very accurate summary 

The council clearly can't allow it to remain, by doing so they just allow everyone else to install whatever memorial piece they please.

8 minutes ago, geared said:

The council clearly can't allow it to remain, by doing so they just allow everyone else to install whatever memorial piece they please.

I agree. However how it will pan out is likely the people who undertake the removal will be hunted down and their houses burnt to the ground. Are you volunteering to take the memorial down?

You may think this sounds a bit dramatic but these people are generally the scum of the earth who dont give a rats about other peoples possessions.

Edited by HeHasRisen

45 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree. However how it will pan out is likely the people who undertake the removal will be hunted down and their houses burnt to the ground. Are you volunteering to take the memorial down?

You may think this sounds a bit dramatic but these people are generally the scum of the earth who dont give a rats about other peoples possessions.

Will most likely end up as an expensive bailiff job with a decent police presence.  Face coverings all round, for everyone's ' safety and protection' obviously 😉

Otherwise what precedent does that set?  Rules don't apply if you bully enough people?  Council are going to have to make an example of this case, otherwise it's a free invitation to do as you please.

• Like 1