Recycling At Tesco (Abbeydale Road)

Make the most of it. All the skips are going to be removed towards or at the end of this month.

I believe that fly-tipping of inadmissible rubbish is the reason (and also why there's now CCTV).

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Make the most of it. All the skips are going to be removed towards or at the end of this month.

I believe that fly-tipping of inadmissible rubbish is the reason (and also why there's now CCTV).

Removed them at Morrison's (Ecclesfield) now fitting charging points for electric vehicles.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Removed them at Morrison's (Ecclesfield) now fitting charging points for electric vehicles.

When did they remove them from Ecclesfield?

I took something down there last week, they had moved them to a different part of the car park tho?  

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The facilities at Homebase on Chesterfield Road were removed for the same reason. Another case of the few screwing it up for the many.

That location was really handy for me but often I would see car tyres dumped there and, on one occasion, asbestos piping in the wooded area just behind the skips. [And yes, being a snitch, I reported it.]

15 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I took something down there last week, they had moved them to a different part of the car park tho?  

Last week I noticed they had gone, didn't realize they had removed them elsewhere..

I've been today, next time I visit I'll have to find the new location..would imagine they will be on the upper right hand side.

Similar recycling bins at what's now the Co-op on Ecclesall Road went away long ago.

Sainsbury's (Archer Road) and Waitrose's are still in situ, though.

I hope they don't remove the Waitrose ones as that's the only place I know of where you can recycle cartons (happy to corrected if anyone knows different). I'd also say the ones at Waitrose are well overlooked by flats and I don't think anyone would try and fly tip there, or at least I'd hope not. The ones at the Tesco on Abbeydale Road were a bit tucked away and out of sight which is why someone thought they could get away with it I guess.

1 hour ago, HallamGirl said:

where you can recycle cartons (happy to corrected if anyone knows different). 

Hi HG - do you mean Tetrapak cartons - I recycle mine at Hillsborough Barracks Morrisons (right turn after the entrance to B&Q & before you get as far as the petrol station). It was still operational a few weeks ago & I'm due to go again shortly so I hope it still is

Thanks for that MJ01, I've used the Morrisons site a couple of times before but never noticed they had a carton facility (and yes, I mean Tetrapak and similar drinks cartons). The Sainsburys at Archer Road used to have them as well but they disappeared a couple of years ago.

On 09/03/2022 at 20:29, nikki-red said:

Still there at Ecclesfield, as you say been removed about 50m away...

I thought they had gone cus there's a charging point there for 2 cars..