Cobblers!?

Serious topic...

I have an elderly relative who has had a hip replacement, and as a result one leg is a little longer than the other. It causes imbalance as she walks around or even stands, and while the hospital have provided a couple of insoles, they don’t really help matters.

We’d like to try adding an extra sole to the bottom of one of her shoes (well,  to one shoe). Would need to be quite thick though, perhaps 1 cm. I’ve seen you can buy stick on soles, so considering trying that, would it be a complex process? I’m thinking just prep surfaces (sand paper) and glue rubber sole on to existing sole, cut to size?

Alternatively, finding a cobbler to do it...

Any suggestions for a good local cobbler who may be able to help, either independent or somewhere like Timpsons?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by Waldo

Yes Timpson's can resole just about any shoes so one they are already comfortable with would be best.

A bit off the subject but a recent LAD Bible video had a clip where one fella had one leg longer than the other so they called him "Snipers Nightmare." 

51 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Any suggestions for a good local cobbler who may be able to help, either independent or somewhere like Timpsons?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Are the guys in Atkinsons still there? They were OK.

43 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Are the guys in Atkinsons still there? They were OK.

No they wasn't.

I once took a pair of shoes there, and they re-sold them by mistake.

50 minutes ago, Padders said:

No they wasn't.

Looks like its not only TV's you are having trouble communicating with, human coblers as well new.  Oh dear, we are having a bad time of it aren't we Padders?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

No they wasn't.

Very good, Padders.

I saw what you did there...

2 hours ago, Padders said:

No they wasn't.

getting pretty witty for a old un padders ,i had a sole the other week it was very tasty

2 hours ago, Padders said:

No they wasn't.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::thumbsup:

Waldo, have you tried contacting the social services to see if they can help you?

The Hospital should have taken care of it, Rotherham and Northern General do it, perhaps she has been overseen or are they still waiting for her to heal to a certain level. Speak to the department that carried out the surgery, it really needs doing professionally (the height not the cobbling ). You get 3 pairs a year at Rotherham I think completely free any more you have to pay I think £25.  Unfortunately the NHS can be a bit "uninterested" to older people and have to be pushed somewhat, great country to get old and buggered in.