Is Andrews Cafe On Chapel Walk Permanently Closed?

Tried to pop in last week and found all the windows painted white. There were no notices posted and their Facebook page has been deleted so I'm guessing they've gone under. Another casualty of the demise of Sheffield centre?

I do not know what the real reason is and the rest of my writing here is only based on factual previous observation and speaking with people at other previous businesses there. 

Since Fargate got moved to the moor and the tunnel to bus station shut all bussiness there struggled worse than ever before. It looks like a cute little walk to do something but its rather empty now with just few people to/from their local bus. I had a little look at that card shop there, its ok but will be surprised if they are still there next year. The old superdrug there was struggling. 

The old Superdrug moved because that row of shops under the church are not allowed to open on a Sunday.

18 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Tried to pop in last week and found all the windows painted white. There were no notices posted and their Facebook page has been deleted so I'm guessing they've gone under. Another casualty of the demise of Sheffield centre?

I really liked that café. 

i heard the card shop is closing as hes opened 2 shops at dronfield

Walked through chapel walk today half shops were closed.

Big council plans to make fargate some cafe heaven with big TV screen and some shops. 

the area may be worth investing in once fargate is sorted?

21 minutes ago, bassett one said:

the area may be worth investing in once fargate is sorted?

They are planning to start next week and do it in few months with 300K budget. If the information I have read is correct.

24 minutes ago, dutch said:

They are planning to start next week and do it in few months with 300K budget. If the information I have read is correct.

Hmmm... :huh:

Someone must have a bit of cash left over in the budget that they need to get rid of before the start of the new tax year... :hihi: