Knighthood For Gavin Williamson?

Should Tory MP, Gavin Williamson, be given a knighthood? 

Twice sacked for incompetence by his own party, and the man who presided over the exams scandal, as well as being an all round numpty. What has he done to deserve a knighthood?

Should politicians, top civil servants etc get knighthoods for just doing their jobs (sometimes badly)? 

Why?

Edited by Anna B

remember when he sent the kids back to school, for one day (!), before closing them again - by the end of the same day, in an attempt to keep a lid on covid spread?

he's totally incompetent.

and even Theresa May thinks he leaked information relating to national security while he was a defence secretary.

If you or I leaked the same information, we would definitely end up in prison, but he's a tory, so he gets a nighthood.

Edited by ads36

This photo in this link and this analysis from a caller, tells you the real reason why he's been alleviated. 

And to think this was two years ago, to chief whip, so well before he got his knighthood. Look what's on his desk in the photo! 

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/gavin-williamson-whip-on-his-desk/

Edited by poppet2

Oh goody , another Tory bashing thread 

I think he ought to be given a beret, so that when he puts it on he can say "Ooh Betty".

If he had any self awareness, he would not have accepted the honour, in recognition of his own ineptitude.

But then there are quite a few recipients, from all sides of the house who should never have been offered a reward.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

To be fair Hacks, I wouldn't have given Peter Mandelson a knighthood given that he too was sacked twice from the government.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Better still, there's a whole hour on this very question, during the last hour of this phone-in, on the brilliant James O Brien show, this morning. You can podcast it for free. 

Oh, and the radio presenter, went to a posh fee paying school. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think he ought to be given a beret, so that when he puts it on he can say "Ooh Betty".

If he had any self awareness, he would not have accepted the honour, in recognition of his own ineptitude.

But then there are quite a few recipients, from all sides of the house who should never have been offered a reward.

To be fair Hacks, I wouldn't have given Peter Mandelson a knighthood given that he too was sacked twice from the government.

I agree with you but we all know where this is going and why the op posted it 

23 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

Better still, there's a whole hour on this very question, during the last hour of this phone-in, on the brilliant James O Brien show, this morning. You can podcast it for free. 

Oh, and the radio presenter, went to a posh fee paying school. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/

James O’Brien is after his own knighthood ‘for services to Keir Starmer’. But great to know the podcast is free. 

31 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

got anything good to say about Gavin Williamson?

(it's not a fashionable position, but on many (most?) issues, i think i *am* a conservative)

Knighted after being sacked twice,  not just a terrible decision,   it shows bad judgement.

58 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Get used to it buggerluggs

Just now, melthebell said:

Get used to it buggerluggs

😃