Looking For Fred Kent

Looking for old school mate Fred Kent, we went to school together in the 60's and then worked together at Hallamshire rolling mills until I got married in 1969.

Met up briefly around mid 70's. Would love to know how he is doing now

19 hours ago, John St Clair said:

Looking for old school mate Fred Kent, we went to school together in the 60's and then worked together at Hallamshire rolling mills until I got married in 1969.

There is an obituary for a Fred Kent on google. Died last year in Grenoside.

On 26/02/2022 at 12:22, mike-s said:

There is an obituary for a Fred Kent on google. Died last year in Grenoside.

There is a picture of him on muchloved.com .

Many thanks for the info, just looked at the site and and picture.

Definitely Fred, gutted I didnt try and look sooner 

RIP Fred

5 hours ago, sadbrewer said:

There is a picture of him on muchloved.com .

15 hours ago, John St Clair said:

Many thanks for the info, just looked at the site and and picture.

Definitely Fred, gutted I didnt try and look sooner 

RIP Fred

Always sad when this happens. I searched for someone recently only to discover she had died years ago at just 25. As you say, gutted.

On 25/02/2022 at 16:32, John St Clair said:

Hi John, I only saw your message last night. 

I’m Fred’s son, Robert. 

We still can’t believe what’s happened. I don’t think I’ll ever believe it. He was an amazing Dad to me.

If there’s anything you’d like to ask me, you can do. 

You can either reply on here, or you can PM me if that’s possible. I’m not sure. I’ve not been active on here for a long time now. 

Take care. 

HI Rob.

Many thanks for the reply. I was very sorry to hear about Fred, just wish I had tried to find him earlier.

I bumped in to Fred in the late 70s he was driving a white van and I think he was living in Dronfield.

There were no moblie phones then so we had no way of getting back in touch.

Who did Fred marry, and did he live in Grenoside.

Not sure what PM is so I will have to use this for now.

Thanks again for the info. 

Take care

John

5 hours ago, John St Clair said:

HI Rob.

Many thanks for the reply. I was very sorry to hear about Fred, just wish I had tried to find him earlier.

I bumped in to Fred in the late 70s he was driving a white van and I think he was living in Dronfield.

There were no moblie phones then so we had no way of getting back in touch.

Who did Fred marry, and did he live in Grenoside.

Not sure what PM is so I will have to use this for now.

Thanks again for the info. 

Take care

John

It’s no problem John,  I wanted to reply back to you. 

That’s a shame. He used to come on here too, a few years ago. 

Yes, he lived in a flat in Dronfield for a few years with my Mom, June, who he married in 1977. 

They then moved to Intake, S12, in 1978/79, and I was born there in 1980. My Mom still lives there in the same house on Mansfield Road. No, Dad never lived in Grenoside. 

I said PM, as in - private message. But it’s no problem, I’m more than happy to reply on here. 

He mentioned you by name to me when he used to speak of the past. He used to tell me of his school days at Southey Green. He used to tell me about his P.E. teacher etc. And Barry who you both went to school with is still a close family friend. He still pops up to see us every now and again. 

The reason we had his service at Grenoside is because we think it’s peaceful there, and his sister, Jean, who he loved dearly is also there. She sadly died in 2002. So we scattered his ashes last year next to her. It gives some family members comfort in thinking that they’re together again. 

Feel free to ask what you want. 

Hi Rob

I have tried to reply on PM, can you let me know if you have received it

Regards

John

4 hours ago, John St Clair said:

Hi Rob

I have tried to reply on PM, can you let me know if you have received it

Regards

John

I’ve received it John.

Thank you. 

I hope it’s come through. 

Hi Rob.

I have replied on PM but not sure if its gone through.

I remember the PE teacher, Derek (the slipper) Hedley.

He used to dish it out on a regular basis, usually with out a reason and Fred and me were usually the spot ball,

I cant recall Barry  do you have his second name and where he lived when we were at school.

Sorry to hear about Freds sister Jean. Did he also have a brother, I think he was called Harry but not sure.

Regards

John

Hi 

My name is Carol and I'm  sorry to hear about your dad. I met your dad in Skegness  in 1969 I was 14 I lived in low edges. We went out for about two months. My dad was shocked when he  saw Fred with his long hair and motor bike! I was told never to go on the bike but I did. When I met your dad he said his name was Fred I thought he was kidding so I told him my name was freda. Imagine my horror when Jean told me they did call him Fred. I had to tell him my real name. 

Your grandma was very nice to me and gave me my bus fare to get home even though I told her I didn't need it. I could catch the 42 bus from lowedges to southey Green Road. He tattooed my name near his thumb but I saw him a few years after and he had blocked it out. He used to take me to the railway pub. I remember John St. clair too. The memories came flooding back. Happy short time we had. Nice man.