Certify A Copy Of Passport As A 'True Copy Of The Original'

3 hours ago, redruby said:

A social media search?!?  Good heavens, is that really considered to be a professional way of finding out about a person?  Persons of nefarious inclination often use fake accounts and profiles.  Added to that, many people choose to keep their online presence private to avoid being a victim of various scams and crimes.  Or simply to maintain their privacy.  
I agree that the ‘professional signature’ is not foolproof but compared to the minefield of using social media it is like comparing a slightly leaking bucket to a colander as a water carrying implement!!

I think you misread my two year old reply. 

The submission of references and a  CV  is a statement by the applicant and has to be checked which can take a lot of time and effort to weed out unsuitable candidates. Disclosure of criminal activities and previous investigations is sometimes not required.

Social media searches are normal practice for an employer and those who vet candidates.  Prospective employers are not interested stupid drunken activities or tittle tattle but they would be looking for 'normal' social interaction over a long period which fits in with employment history. 

Using appropriate Social Media to publicise your employment history and projects, advertises you and  protects you from being impersonated,

As to scams etc. nobody is immune and everybody has their details on hundreds of databases none of which are 100% secure.

Not having a Social Media presence is no protection at all. 

22 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I think you misread my two year old reply. 

The submission of references and a  CV  is a statement by the applicant and has to be checked which can take a lot of time and effort to weed out unsuitable candidates. Disclosure of criminal activities and previous investigations is sometimes not required.

Social media searches are normal practice for an employer and those who vet candidates.  Prospective employers are not interested stupid drunken activities or tittle tattle but they would be looking for 'normal' social interaction over a long period which fits in with employment history. 

Using appropriate Social Media to publicise your employment history and projects, advertises you and  protects you from being impersonated,

As to scams etc. nobody is immune and everybody has their details on hundreds of databases none of which are 100% secure.

Not having a Social Media presence is no protection at all. 

Whilst having  ‘professional’ social media accounts is appropriate  for people in certain roles that does not make sensible to plaster details of your personal life, in personal social media accounts, all over the internet unless you want to!!  .  It certainly isn’t appropriate or professional for vetting applicants in all types of employment. A lot of people nowadays keep their social media presence more private than in the past, because although no one is immune to scams and not having a social media presence doesn’t make you immune, you cannot possibly seriously think it’s sensible to advertise personal details about yourself to the whole world which would be a scammers dream!   Low hanging fruit and all that. 
Scammers are very clever with social engineering and creating fake online identities.  I think it’s very naive and outdated  to even consider stalking someone on social media for employment vetting unless they have provided you with their account details and it’s relevant for type of employment.