Brook V Khan

I know its years to late but what do with think ? Hope its not one of those moneymaking  for TV  fights . Personally I hope  Brook teaches him a boxing  lesson before a  KO  about round 6  but part of me dreads Khan winning 

Both of them haven't had a meaningful bout for a long time...so you wouldn't expect a classic fight this weekend...hopefully Brook dominates from the 1st bell and knocks him out ...

It’s obviously a payday for both,I just hate Khan who’s never been a top fighter.

3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

It’s obviously a payday for both,I just hate Khan who’s never been a top fighter.

Even if Brook wasnt from from Sheffield , I would still support  him against dodger Khan

It's the classic '2 bald men fighting over a comb' scenario

One of the bigger worries is that it might convince whoever wins to prolong their career

6 hours ago, ukdobby said:

I disagree,  Khan has been in with some credible opponents and although now way past his best, think will still have too much speed against Brook.

However,  I'm neutral on this- there was a time I really liked Khan, but he lost focus in trying to pin down Mayweather/ Pacquio fights for that huge payday...ended up facing Canelo (and a bad KO).

He bottled it v Crawford, who was simply too good. 

Speed and reflexes are one of the first things to leave a boxer, thats why you generally don't see the lightning fast guys boxing well into their 30's, they just can't perform the same as they did at 21.  Khan's had long periods of inactivity as well, the exact kinda thing that removes that special skill a fighter once had.

Brook was also pretty poor last time out, completely outclassed and over in a few short rounds.

The fight is less about who is better, more about which boxer has anything left.

54 minutes ago, geared said:

Speed and reflexes are one of the first things to leave a boxer, thats why you generally don't see the lightning fast guys boxing well into their 30's, they just can't perform the same as they did at 21.  Khan's had long periods of inactivity as well, the exact kinda thing that removes that special skill a fighter once had.

Brook was also pretty poor last time out, completely outclassed and over in a few short rounds.

The fight is less about who is better, more about which boxer has anything left.

Agree, boxing is all about hype now, can see it now whoever wins will demand a refight etc🙄

1 hour ago, geared said:

Yes speed diminshes, but I still think Khan will have more of it compared to Brook- at least the earlier rounds.

I agree this is probably more about who has what left.

I was surprised hearing Khan talk about going on to 'bigger things' after the Brook fight.

That's just ego and he knows his level has dropped significantly.

2 hours ago, pintor said:

Agree, boxing is all about hype now, can see it now whoever wins will demand a refight etc🙄

Connor Benn is calling out whoever is the winner of this fight.  Obviously they could ignore him, but they're not going to get a fight with anyone else.

It's either a rematch, Benn or call it a day.  I think the latter is the smart move.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

Yes speed diminshes, but I still think Khan will have more of it compared to Brook- at least the earlier rounds.

I agree this is probably more about who has what left.

I was surprised hearing Khan talk about going on to 'bigger things' after the Brook fight.

That's just ego and he knows his level has dropped significantly.

Khan's always had the hand speed, no doubt he still does, but I don't think the deficit will be as large as it once was.  No-one believes he can throw like he did 10 years ago.

Brook still packs good power, but does he still have the timing and reactions to land a solid shot?

I hope the fight is good, I don't want to see two old fighters paw at each other and walk around the ring, 

It's going to be Brook or Khan that will win, or a draw. 

I cannot envisage any other possible result