Parking In Burngreave.

That's probably because the CEO,s know that the old man/woman won't give them any problems and also pay the fine, probably the exact opposite of the 'taxis' or more likely the drivers. 

Also, the taxis know the rules and will scarper within the 5 minutes the CEO has to wait to issue the ticket, so its pointless waiting for 5 mins to issue the ticket as most wont hang around.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, jonnythefox said:

No problems are ignored, the taxi problem on rudyard road hillsborough has been ignored for over 10 years FACT.

I live on rudyard road and see it every week the wardens will ticket an old man or woman but totaly ignore taxis parked wherever they want.

The council are well aware of the taxi issue on Rudyard Rd and do what they can. FACT

As others have pointed out and I’ve mentioned earlier, taxi drivers are well versed in playing the “game”. If CEO’s turn up to enforce, they just drive off and come back when the CEO’s have gone away.

The CEO’s ticket vehicles which are parked in contravention. On the vast majority of occasions, the driver is not there, so they have no idea who is driving the vehicle. All the CEO is interested in is whether or not there’s an enforceable contravention, if so a ticket is issued. They have no interest in who is driving ( the ticket is the responsibility of the registered keeper anyway).  To suggest that they deliberately target old people is plainly ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The council are well aware of the taxi issue on Rudyard Rd and do what they can. FACT

As others have pointed out and I’ve mentioned earlier, taxi drivers are well versed in playing the “game”. If CEO’s turn up to enforce, they just drive off and come back when the CEO’s have gone away.

The CEO’s ticket vehicles which are parked in contravention. On the vast majority of occasions, the driver is not there, so they have no idea who is driving the vehicle. All the CEO is interested in is whether or not there’s an enforceable contravention, if so a ticket is issued. They have no interest in who is driving ( the ticket is the responsibility of the registered keeper anyway).  To suggest that they deliberately target old people is plainly ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, jonnythefox said:

Ihave seen it with my own eyes an old man  parked with his wheels just over the white line got a ticket,  taxi parked on double yellow lines and they just walked past and never said a word to him.As for the council being aware of the taxi problem i dont doubt that but in ten years they have done f all about it

59 minutes ago, jonnythefox said:

Ihave seen it with my own eyes an old man  parked with his wheels just over the white line got a ticket

Did they wait 5 minutes before issuing it? 

1 hour ago, jonnythefox said:

Ihave seen it with my own eyes an old man  parked with his wheels just over the white line got a ticket,  taxi parked on double yellow lines and they just walked past and never said a word to him.As for the council being aware of the taxi problem i dont doubt that but in ten years they have done f all about it

No doubt someone will come along soon and explain why the old man got a ticket (and was not advised of move his car) and defend the taxi driver for parking on the double yellow lines.....and not advised to move his car or getting a ticket. 

18 hours ago, jonnythefox said:

That’s because there’s nothing they can do about it, for the reasons I’ve already explained.

Parking outside the marked bay is a contravention. It’s an instant ticket. In Sheffield they are much more lenient on it than places elsewhere. Here, you only get a ticket if your wheel is more than half way over the line. Elsewhere you get a ticket if any part of the vehicle is outside the marked bay.

Often, CEOs will ask a driver to move a vehicle parked like that, if the driver is present. But, they don’t have to.

It's been pointed out that the Parking Services are supposed to patrol and enforce on prime bus routes etc, so is the that saying spital hill, Burngreave road and ellesmere road are not major bus routes? 

Spital hill/Burngreave road are prime routes to and from the northern general hospital, which of course has the adult A&E department, and several major bus routes, often half blocked by double parked vehicles, vehicles parked in bus stops and delivery vehicles that basically just pull up and start unloading.

on a similar note, I've heard parking services, entered the upper car park of the saville street Tesco and were happily ticketing non blue badge holding vehicles parked in disabled bays, let's hope that's the start of clamping down on those that ignore parking regulations just through sheer laziness.

32 minutes ago, MunXy said:

on a similar note, I've heard parking services, entered the upper car park of the saville street Tesco and were happily ticketing

Council parking services employees won't be operating in a private car park - that's a civil matter handled under contract law.

24 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Council parking services employees won't be operating in a private car park - that's a civil matter handled under contract law.

Exactly, quite sure this will be a load of old bull. Now its possible the DVLA may have been doing a sweep, looking for untaxed cars, but surely nobody can take issue with that.  It also may have been the private landowner placing speculative invoices on the cars.

Edited by HeHasRisen