Parking In Burngreave.

You need to ring sheffield council parking services to complain then they will come out in their little white van and dish out parking fines

On 16/02/2022 at 14:50, ab6262 said:

thats BS for a start, dont see much double parking or cars stopping for no reason in the middle of the road  to chat to an on coming driver, laws are much more vigorously enforced in non ethnic areas fact!! you see plenty of traffic wardens up at meadowhead, woodseats, greenhill ecclesall road etc never seen one on snig hill or gower st area or wolsey road, have a look on fridays to really get a feel for unlawful parking.

thank you for making me laugh! Not seen someone follow a completely subjective opinion with "fact" for a while on here.

I thought people stopped doing that after getting routinely ridiculed, but good to see you are trying to keep the tradition alive!! 🤣

On 20/02/2022 at 18:47, actionman said:

You need to ring sheffield council parking services to complain then they will come out in their little white van and dish out parking fines

ime sure its been done BUT would the pay the fines?

12 hours ago, kidley said:

ime sure its been done BUT would the pay the fines?

It’s very unwise to ignore penalties issued by a council. They can and will take you to court and it ends up with bailiffs enforcing the penalty plus their (very high) costs.

11 hours ago, Planner1 said:

It’s very unwise to ignore penalties issued by a council. They can and will take you to court and it ends up with bailiffs enforcing the penalty plus their (very high) costs.

then why don't they ticket them then, they would have a field day in those places   

22 minutes ago, kidley said:

then why don't they ticket them then, they would have a field day in those places   

Have you actually read the thread and the full explanations?

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Have you actually read the thread and the full explanations?

No I have not, maybe you will do the honours, do I have to read four pages before I can post?

1 minute ago, kidley said:

No I have not, maybe you will do the honours, do I have to read four pages before I can post?

It might give you a greater understanding of how it all works, aye.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I think I have been on here long enough to know how it works, but thanks for the advice I will bear it in mind, hope the next post I make will not have 50+ pagers though😀

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

We all know how it works....the CEO,s can't be everywhere so they go where it's....

Safer....ie they are not going to get too much abuse/threats/hassle. 

More profitable....ie find vehicles that are not going to be driven off when the van is seen. 

You can't blame them, they are only human and would prefer an easy job to a more difficult one. I'm sure all areas have parking problems, it's due to people leaving vehicles where they shouldn't for whatever reason. It just seems that some problems get ignored (see reasons above) and others get more attention. 

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

We all know how it works....the CEO,s can't be everywhere so they go where it's....

Safer....ie they are not going to get too much abuse/threats/hassle. 

More profitable....ie find vehicles that are not going to be driven off when the van is seen. 

You can't blame them, they are only human and would prefer an easy job to a more difficult one. I'm sure all areas have parking problems, it's due to people leaving vehicles where they shouldn't for whatever reason. It just seems that some problems get ignored (see reasons above) and others get more attention. 

The individual CEO’s don’t get to decide where they patrol.

Their managers and supervisors set the patrol areas and routes and allocate the available staff to them.

The managers set the enforcement priorities, which are endorsed by the politicians.

High priority areas are enforced daily, for example primary routes at peak hours, main bus routes, city centre, permit zones. Less high priorities get occasional enforcement and they do respond to specific reports of parking issues.

No problems are “ignored”, it’s just that some issues are higher priority than others, which is exactly what you’d expect when resources are not unlimited.

12 hours ago, Planner1 said:

The individual CEO’s don’t get to decide where they patrol.

Their managers and supervisors set the patrol areas and routes and allocate the available staff to them.

The managers set the enforcement priorities, which are endorsed by the politicians.

High priority areas are enforced daily, for example primary routes at peak hours, main bus routes, city centre, permit zones. Less high priorities get occasional enforcement and they do respond to specific reports of parking issues.

No problems are “ignored”, it’s just that some issues are higher priority than others, which is exactly what you’d expect when resources are not unlimited.

No problems are ignored, the taxi problem on rudyard road hillsborough has been ignored for over 10 years FACT.

I live on rudyard road and see it every week the wardens will ticket an old man or woman but totaly ignore taxis parked wherever they want.